Monday, February 06, 2006

Up and down and up and down....

We had a lovely, if subdued, weekend - thanks to my dodgy tummy....went to Olley's for fish and chips on Saturday night - I couldn't eat much but thoroughly enjoyed my rock salmon and chips - Rob had battered tuna - very posh! Then a long night's sleep - we didn't wake up till 11!!! I planned a snuggly breakfast in bed but we had to pick Oz up at 11.30 so that didn't happen....it was so nice though - probably the most uninterrupted sleep I've had in 17 months. Even when I have a lie in on a Sunday I wake up when Oscar does then try and get back to sleep - not always managing it.

We went to Gambado on Sunday which was fun as Oz hasn't been there in ages - they put their prices up - so he was going mental - screaming with joy.

He's got a stinking cold this morning. Woke up at 6....the earliest in months - and has been in a totally shitty mood all morning. Had the biggest tantrum ever earlier - I was trying to put him down for a nap as he was KNACKERED but he fought and fought and nearly made himself sick with screaming. I got him up, took him back downstairs (this was after about 15 minutes of screaming) and he continued. I ignored it for another 15 minutes then put him back to bed. Cue another 20 minutes of screaming and fighting so I took him out of his cot, dumped him in front of the telly and walked away.

And to think I couldn't wait to see him yesterday and now I can't wait till he's out of earshot....

I just took him down the road to the charity shop - he was desperate for teletubbies this morning and they don't come on until 10.15 - so I've found a video for £1 of them so I can put them on anytime. I remember my Mum telling stories of me having mega tantrums because my TV show wouldn't come on - "make playschool come on NOW" I'd scream at her. She couldn't obviously but ain't technology grand....certainly makes my job easier.

He fell asleep on the way back and I've put him in his cot. Peace at last....

Off for a cup of tea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I slept 10 hours last night. Bliss! Clara Jane returns home on Wednesday, and I can't wait, but I know I'm going to be beat by the end of the day.

Tivo is the greatest invention for moms. We've always got episodes of Teletubbies and Sesame Street saved for those toddler emergencies. But we had a day a few weeks ago where the Tivo was dead - oh my God, you would have thought the world had come to an end.

So long, farewell! said...

Thanks for being fab on the phone darlin.

Big hugs

xxx

Unknown said...

We have emergency dvds of teletubbies and balamory but tbh she watched them more when she was sat in her baby chair and I was being 'bad mummy' and sat on the computer many moons ago! Tom would sit and watch a whole disney film at this age all snuggled up to me, it was gorgeous but the girls are so different. I wish she would sit still for half an hour but nooo.

well done on keeping calm with the tantrum. Its very hard i know. Ive whispered in a threatening voice many times over the years...'youre going out the window in a minute!' This is before they can understand what Im saying of course! PLease dont report me, or tell Jim!

love kell xxxxxxxxxxx