Sunday, February 12, 2006

NCT Reunion

On Saturday I hosted my NCT gang's very late christmas party. It was lovely - 6 families in total, including us - all of whom met when we were about 30 weeks pregnant - at antenatal class. Since then we've become firm friends and the kids have grown up together. Oz is the eldest of the gang, and the tallest (but only just).

Here's a pic of them on Oscar's quilt the first time we had a gathering in November 2004....



And here's them on Saturday!
(though must just point out in case anyone is playing match the baby - that in the top photo, top centre in the blue dungarees, is Thomas who we no longer see and missing from the top photo is Grace who was in Yorkshire - she's in the bottom left corner with the white top on and curls. The others appear in both - can you match the babe with the toddler? Though actually it's a bit hard only seeing the tops of their heads....)

I love the fact they've all grown up with eachother - or nearly - Steve, Claire and baby Grace live in Yorkshire so we only get to see them when we get together like this. And Rick, Miranda and baby Lucy moved to Tunbridge Wells before Christmas so it's rare to see them too.

Oscar, Frank and Sam though, hang out together a lot and are great mates. I love it. And the mums have been my lifeline since late pregnancy. We've been through so much together that the friendship feels lifelong - not just 19months old.

I've made amazing friends since I've had Oscar. And I worry that I've lost touch or don't make the effort with friends I had before him. And those who read this - I love you all very much and I'm sorry I'm crap at taking the time to see you - it's just bloody hard with a toddler!!!

Today was nice - went round to Liz's house (yes, she's one of the NCT gang) and hung out for a while - to give Rob a chance to recover from Saturday (he doesn't do social, my hubby). Then went shopping in the afternoon.

Though I must just make one complaint - Sunday is my day to lie in. This morning at 6.45 I was awakened to the sound of my alarm clock coming from Oscar's room (he'd knicked it the night before). Took me ages to track it down (under his cot) and by that time he was wide awake as was I. I grumpily shook Rob awake - I hate that he's such a heavy sleeper - and attempted to go back to bed. Ten minutes later they started digging up the road outside my window to lay speed bumps. At 7.15 on a SUNDAY morning. I'm sure it's not legal. Lewisham Council....grrrrr! I nearly stomped outside in my sock monkey pjs and screamed at them. I went downstairs, growling at Rob that I was pissed off so don't try and hug me....had a cup of tea. Drilling stopped. Went back to bed. Drilling started again. Screamed in anger then shoved a pillow over my head and FORCED myself to go back to sleep. Which I did. For about half an hour. But I did.

I can't believe I just typed that para without swearing. I'm so fucking good....

1 comment:

So long, farewell! said...

Aww, they look gorgeous!

Laughed my socks off at the Alarm Clock story - not that it's funny you got woken, but glad Oz has an early developed sense of humour... just like his Aunty Mox :o)