Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tiring day

Oscar still isn't his normal self. Rob had yesterday off which was lovely - I went to the gym in the morning and came home to this...

That was what he was like most of the day (Oz not sleeping Rob) You can see he's awake on Rob's chest - very clingy, not active, not happy.

This morning he woke up at 6.30 very unhappy with quite a high temperature. He was miserable most of the morning, slept at lunchtime and was sleeping when I left him at the childminder's house. (I'm teaching today). When I went to get him he was miserable. He was quite miserable and easy to cry all afternoon. Been quite a tricky day really.

I'm not sure what's wrong but my gut instinct is teething. He's got his hands in his mouth all the time. He's eating but will start to eat a meal then stop after a few bites. He did eat a pancake though seeing as it's Shrove Tuesday and all. He's got a very runny nose - in fact his poor little face is chapped from having moisture on it and being wiped so much. He's coughing at night - I think it's a lot of saliva - he's grumpy and clingy and although I can't get near his mouth - he won't let me - he must be due some more teeth soon - he's still only got 4 on top and 4 on the bottom at the front...

I might be teaching Monkey Music tomorrow to cover another teacher's illness. Don't know how he (or Louise my amazing childminder) will take that! I'm shattered so am going to bed. I leave you with a photo of him yesterday (after being dosed up on Calpol so a bit cheerier) - he's obsessed with shoes!



6 comments:

Kirsti said...

Thank you for my new desktop wallpaper - the second picture, obviously. Trust your gut instinct... it's the major part of mothering, right? Give him a big cuddle from his aunts who love him, and love you lots and lots.

Anonymous said...

I can just hear you telling him when he's 10. Oh, look Oz, here's a picture...I TOLD you that you had your father's feet.

It's great.
And yes, it sure sounds like teething doesn't it.
tg

So long, farewell! said...

Poor little mite, naughty teeth causing him all that bother :o( Hope he has a better day today (and you do too!)

love you

xxx

Nic said...

Aww poor Oscar, sounds like teeth to me too. Lucy was like this last friday and I thought maybe it was a bug but afterwards I though, no teeth. Pesky things, they have a lot to answer for.
I hope he's feeling better soon.

Nic
x

zoe xx said...

Deffo the teeth IMHO. Are you alternating the Calpol with Nurofen? That helps, as he can have extra pain relief. I liked Nelson's teetha too.

This too will pass, my love

xx

Unknown said...

Bless im! Sylvie has the same cheek problem, I think I wiped her nose every 5 minutes today. I love it when they cooch up on you like Oz is with Daddy there. Sylv has even taken to sucking her thumb to comfort herself which is beyond cute. Keeps her quiet for ages too, who cares if she gets buck teeth?? We can deal with that when she's older!
Hope he gets better soon xx