Thursday, February 16, 2006

It's a scream....NOT!

Oscar has discovered his scream. When he was about 9 months he went through a screaming stage (spurred on by his little mate Frank who taught him how). It didn't last too long thank goodness. Now in the last couple of days he's started serious shreaking - this time taught by his little mate Elijah who is 2 months old and VERY loud. Elijah's mum, Louise, looks after Oscar when I do Monkey Music and he and Elijah have a great time....but Louise must be deaf afterwards.....

Any ideas on how to handle it? I try and ignore it but I flinch when he does it. And at the creche at the gym this week he taught all the other toddlers to do it - they might end up banning him!

This evening, about an hour after he'd gone down to bed we heard shouting - he was screaming IN HIS SLEEP......

Help!!!

To change the subject - I've been meaning to post this for AGES...thanks to the lovely Pearl for getting me a pic - it's the poster for Everything To Dance For and the reason I love it....can you guess? First time my name appears on the poster....though you can see my name on the Witches Hammer poster but I haven't got a pic of it - only seen it at the Director's house. There's a screening of it in Southampton in March so I'll see if I can get some pics or a poster to add to my collection.

I went to a friend of Julie's today for coffee and her kids recognised me from Basil Brush -the first episode I'd done which they've been repeating recently. They thought it was great fun and had loads of questions for me...felt very showbiz....

6 comments:

Kirsti said...

Yay for my famous sister! I'm still waiting for the Basil Brush DVD to show it off here!

Screaming..hmm.. could you make it into a game? "Oh, I hear your loud voice.. now, can you do a whisper voice?" and you whisper too? To try and model "indoor voice" or "quiet voice" or something? Alternatively, you could just buy earplugs!

Nic said...

Yay to your name on the poster Sal, and its before Brendon Cole so does that make you more important and famous? ;o)
Screaming? Hate to say it but i think they grow out of it. I don't envy your friend though because when Lucy(generally) decides that shreiking at the top of her voice is a good idea, Jack has to join in too! Distraction or ignoring it would be the way i would go. Sorry I'm not more helpful,
Nic
xx

Katuska said...

LOLOLOL @ Oscar's screaming!!Nia is the same but she only awards me with her little show! I usually ignore her cos the more I tell her to stop it the more volume she puts on, so...
Good luck hun!!

Al said...

Jack's got a nice high pitched scream now! Usually if he's being stopped from doing something (he's too young to play with the traffic and just doesn't seem to understand this!), or if we try and get a nappy on him, something he refuses to wear these days (thank heavens for dungarees). If nothing distracts him, without giving into him, I just leave the room and get the hoover and put it on to drown out the noise.

Jack loves you in the Bush Whack episode of TBBS. He gets really excited and goes up to the TV and keeps pointing at you (well jabbing you really) and shouting "It's Sa, it's Sa".
Alx

Dixie said...

Hee! I love it when you have actress stories to tell.

That Oscar. I know his screaming is annoying but I think he's so cute that I'd let him get away with anything.

Anonymous said...

Yeay! Us! Pearl xxx

Next time your name should be even higher up!