Friday, June 30, 2006

Cosmic Ordering Service

I heard this being discussed on the radio today and actually remember reading about it too - Noel Edmonds credits it as the reason his career has been resurrected....you have to ask the Cosmos for things - order them like from a catalogue. And they come.

The author, who is German, was interviewed on the radio, and she sounds wonderful - has no idea how or why it works -but is adamant that it does. She says you have to find your own way of doing it - there's no hard and fast method. Noel Edmonds writes little symbols on the back of his hand supposedly. She herself goes outside and talks to the stars.

So I'm going to have a go. And I'm using the medium of the blog (don't know if the cosmos reads it but it's worth a shot). I have this rhyme in my head - like the rhyme in Bagpuss that Emily says - bagpuss oh bagpuss oh fat furry catpuss......

I've adapted it

Cosmos, oh Cosmos oh great mystic Cosmos
Wake up and bring me this thing, wondrous thing.
Wake up, be bright, be magic and light
Oh Cosmos please hear what I sing....

I would like to order....

1 healthy baby ( a girl would be nice but healthy is the main one)
1 new car

I hope it's ok to order a new car - I don't mean NEW new - just one that's easier to manage - my old volvo isn't central locking (which actually makes it a royal pain when trying to reach round to open the rear doors with a child/carseat in your hand), hasn't got electric windows (which I thought were just a luxury until it got so hot in my car I wished I had an extra arm to reach back and manually wind down my windows in the back and on Oscar's side) and I would love a CD player as Oscar throws a screaming fit when I try and rewind the tape we listen to EVERY car journey. And the biggest thing - a higher car. My friend Julie has a big 4x4 and loading Oscar into that is a dream - don't have to bend over at all - it's all on my level. I can't imagine bending over to load Oscar in when I get more pregnant.....

So please Cosmos - send me the means to buying a second hand MPV please. Either an acting job (that would be cool!), a premium bonds win, or anything you deem appropriate.....

I know the author of the book asked for a new boyfriend. And people ask for new jobs. So I hope my requests aren't too greedy.

I'll let you know if it works....

4 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

I was reading about this too babe - it started out as I saw something drawn on Noels hand and thought he had a Mr Blobby tattoo, so had to do some net search to clear my mind of that awful thought.

I really hope it works for you - here's to a healthy bub and a shiny new electric windowed high car!

Dixie said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. Couldn't hurt!

Anonymous said...

Cosmic Ordering does work. We've attracted everything from parking spaces to new furniture and also things for other people. Even started our own blog about it!
Good luck!

Sally said...

Well it did work. I got a healthy baby boy and a new car 6 months later.....spooky!