Sunday, June 04, 2006

Catch Up

Ok - so I stopped blogging after Tuesday cos I was having such fun and was cramming in so much stuff I didn't get online!

I want to write about our adventures in Frankenmuth but Poppy has beaten me too it and she writes SO much better than I do - go
read it

For some reason I can't seem to upload photos to the blog today so I've put some up here

So that was an amazing trip - precious time with Poppy who has explained our friendship more eloquently and beautifully than I can ever do but I'll just cheat and go "ditto" (what movie is that from? I'm jetlagged....it's bugging me)

So - that takes us to Thursday doesn't it - Poppy left on Thursday afternoon -Thursday night I went to
Trader Joes once Oz was in bed- a very lovely organicy deli-ish supermarket that sells yummy stuff that my stonecutter chums all rave about.I got some fab snacks - trail mix and sesame sticks that Poppy had got me hooked on - and some organic cookies so I didn't feel guilty when that was all Oz would eat for breakfast!

Friday met up with Susan and Evelyn and the wonderful Tiffey and went to a used kids clothes store- I went there last October and spent a fortune but there wasn't that much in - bought a couple of outfits. We then all went and hung out at Somerset Mall - very swanky - while waiting for my hair appointment. Got home - turned out hair appointment was actually at 12.30 not 2pm as K had thought - oops. Spent the afternoon shopping for props for Monkey Music - craft shops in America are amazing - I'm going to have the coolest seaside props this term.

I'd been craving popcorn from the cinema K and I went to in October but all the films showing were crap - so instead, Kirsti drove us to the cinema - we bought enormous buckets of popcorn then got a DVD from blockbuster! Family Stone - very lovely and slushy but a bit too christmassy - and Kirsti (angel) packed my cases.

Saturday morning - traditional last breakfast at IHOP with Susan and Evelyn and her husband Hal (the nicest man on the planet) and Tiff - Kirsti and Terry were playing at a mass commitment ceremony (the marriage kind - not the mental kind) and Oscar ate his bodyweight in bacon.

Tiff and Hal minded the kids while I managed to get my hair appointment - the wonderful hairdresser squeezed me in - Kirsti took pics but didn't give them to me (they weren't on the CD sis) so I'll get her to post them or email them to me and I'll show you my new funky hair. Oz had his done too - was an angel - again, K has pics.

Then it was last minute get organised and off to the airport. And the disaster that was the flight back. I'm actually going to write to BA and complain it was that bad. Can't be bothered to go into it again - maybe another post.

But I've had a nap. I've had some food. Oz is in the bath with his dad and is absolutely exhausted. I'm hoping we'll both adjust to the time difference ok.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad yr home safe and sound both. Sorry return journey was so awful, cant wait to hear about it though! Did you dose Oz up in the end or not??
Sounds like you had amazing week with yr loved ones so however cack the journeys were it was worth it. xxxxxxx