Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sleeeeeepy

Had a rough night with Oscar last night - he threw up all over himself.

Twice.

First time at about 11.30 - I was already asleep but heard him shout - I thought he was talking in his sleep - then make funny gurgling sounds so rushed in to find him covered in vomit and rather upset. He was still very sleepy but I took him into the bathroom and got him washed - went downstairs with him to get Rob (who was in the shed smoking) and then the two of us changed the bed, collected the puke covered toys, calmed the boy and put him down again.

I then had a shower - my sense of smell is intense at the moment and I was covered in vom....and tried to go back to sleep

Half an hour later - repeat performance. Now I only have 2 sheets for the cotbed (oops) so I put a towel down for him. He was very upset this time. He wanted his favourite teddy - a monkey called Muthy - we have 2 for occasions like this but now both were covered in vomit.

He had a restless night. Rob put the monitor in our room - it usually stays downstairs - because he was worried about Oz - but it meant that every little sniff or snuffle woke me up. And Rob snored too. So I'm shattered.

My lovely mum took care of Oz today while I did Monkey Music just to make sure he didn't pass anything infectious on to Elijah, my childminder's son. But I think he's fine. He woke up this morning asking for chicken dinner. (He had french toast). He ate a 4 sausages at lunchtime and a spoonful of peas. And a little dinner plus a yogurt. He's had a temperature but only a mild one.

So I'm keeping an eye on him. What it made me think about was what my normal nights are going to be like when a new baby is here - friends who have newborns + toddlers are telling me how tired they are - broken nights are hard when you have to be with it for a toddler the next day.....

Eek! I don't know how you mothers of more than one do it.....

6 comments:

Dixie said...

Poor Oz and poor Mummy! I hope everything rights itself again soon.

So long, farewell! said...

Poor darlin, being tired sucks :o( R has been snoring a lot too and driving me nuts... grrrr

Hope Oz feels better soon and you get a good nights rest.


xxx

EG said...

Boo hiss to snoring other halfs! I have to nudge John and tell him to move onto his side! DONT PANIC woman, you will do just fine when the new bubba arrives!!! ((((Sally))))

E. x

Anonymous said...

I think you should ask Anne really - she had a great experience of dealing with three kids at the weekend!! :)

Re the snoring - enjoy! At least you know he's there for you! (Or buy nasal strips!) x Pearl

Anonymous said...

I was ok dealing with the 2 youngest kids but the 41 year old really did my head in!!
Adrian used to vomit a lot between the age of 18 months - 28 months but fortunately it's a distant memory now. Hope you got a good night's sleep and Oscar is feeling better now.
Take care
Anne

Unknown said...

Big hugs to Oz and you Sall. Its nights like that that freak you out isnt it? Its a distant memory now with Tom and Roo but I coped so Im sure I'll cope again plus, I have my hubby this time. I will just have to tell the kids that they arent allowed to be ill when Jim does nights at work. ;)

Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight x