Sunday, June 25, 2006

First birthday party of the season

Oz went to his first birthday party of the summer today -Jack's party (a joint one with his friend Jessica). It was fancy dress - Oz went as superman - and it was brilliant. Alison had gone to so much trouble - there were toys galore in the hall, tons of yummy food and drinks - and a chocolate Po cake that was yummy (yes I ate Oscar's piece - I'm a terrible mother). Lots of friends were there including - hoorah - Jemma and Jaya and Jove (and Stu). Such a treat to see the Jessup family - I got to cuddle Jove - he's adorable. And Jaya was romping around dressed as a gypsy having a grand time. There were even party bags to take home (that's how I ate Oscar's cake). Alison you're amazing to have done all that - we had a blast - Oscar is currently playing with the balloon from his party bag which is as big as he is - he keeps calling it La La's ball!

I have taken some pics but can't share them as I haven't got my usb camera cable (it's in the post as I left it in Detroit)

Only downside of the day was Oscar skinned his knee big time this morning - pouring with blood - took all the skin off it - his first proper skinned knee (the first of many I know). I put cream and a gauze bandage on it but that just got stuck on it and he ripped it off in the car on the way home from the party and screamed in pain. Poor little boy.....

I've decided I can't do a big party for Oscar this year - I'm in awe of Al for doing such a grand job - I haven't the energy or budget! We'll go to Greenwich Park I think, and anyone who wants to join us with a picnic lunch is very welcome. I'll get a cake and then that will be that I think!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Greenwich Park is a brilliant idea but LOVING the sound of Jack's party - so sorry we couldn't make it (Lydia was going to be a bunch of grapes made out of balloons!!)
Have you thought of that plaster spray stuff? I remember something similar from when I was a child but they've brought it back out now - nothing to peel off and protects the skin.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful party. How jealous am I that you have met all the Jessops! LoL at Jaya being a gypsy, thats what Rubys has spent the past 6 years being for every party. Couldnt get away with it this year for the carnival though. Shes had it with being a gypsy/fairy!

Poor old Oz with his knee. I dont know if you recall but Sylvie skinned her foot a few months ago. it was pretty bad and in awkward place to heal. i really think just leaving it as much as poss is the best. We tried lots of different bandages, waterproof etc, but fresh air was the best medicine. Poor Sos, it kept catching her socks and cracking because it was on crease of the foot.

Your party idea sounds perfect. Laid back and lovely. Wish I lived closer hun xx

Parton Words said...

My wife is a birthday party freak. My girls are 3 and 5. For their joint party last year it was a circus theme. She made our own ticket office from a Refridgerator Box. There were cages with stuffed tigers in them. Everyone had to have a ticket to get in and there was popcorn on "sale" with circus music and big brother was dressed in a clown costume. It was a blast. But god that seems like a lot of work. The park and cake seems like a better idea to me

Al said...

Ooh I didn't realise Oz had skinned his knee, poor little lad, didn't stop him from running around though because I didn't manage to pin him down for a photo!! Hard job being superman I guess!!

Thanks so much for coming, and I'm sorry Jack was too poorly to come and say hello much. The Greenwich park idea sounds fab, I certainly wouldn't lay on a big party again!!

Alx

Anonymous said...

Yay to Greenwich park! We'll be there, it's round thecorner from my brother :D The picnic idea is lovely, I've been to a couple of first birthdays like that and it worked really well. Sadly we have to do the big party thing for all the family to get together. I prob should start thinking about that eeeek!