Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Details then!

Hee hee - that was fun- been wanting to tell you for a while but had some other people to tell first and I wanted to wait a little bit (but am too impatient to wait until 12 weeks)

Yes - well - it was another accident - a little bit earlier than I envisaged - I wanted to have a May baby next year - January sux a bit as a birthday for the babby - everyone is skint after New Years so no partying when it's older - and it might get double christmas/birthday gifts. And the weather won't be conducive to going out for long walks...but at least I won't be sweating in heat while 9 months pregnant like with Oscar....

I did know before I went to America. Found out the week before. I've been dropping subtle hints about being tired....in the blog....but then again all mothers of toddlers are tired! I saw the doc before I went just to check everything. Am doing the low GI diet thing from the beginning this time as I'm almost certain to get gestational diabetes again. Which put a bit of a dampner on my diet in America - I still ate well but had no candy or crisps - my usual m&m and cheeto fix had to go!

I've got my scan on the 7th July - I might have my dates wrong - my last period only lasted a day and a half which was wierd so I might be 4 weeks further along than I think - but they won't know till they scan so we're taking it as 7 and a bit weeks at the mo.

I'm due 17th January.

As those of you with more than one baby will know, it's blooming knackering being in the first trimester and having to run around with a toddler. The holiday was tiring too - I didn't plan on being pregnant - and flying while nauseous and wrestling with Oscar when your boobs are killing you aren't fun. Let alone trying not to lift heavy suitcases but then having to anyway.....

But all is going well so far. I'm nervous, as any newly pregnant woman is, but I'm feeling positive and I hope this baby stays put.

I'm lucky as so many friends are either working on, or already have a second child so I can get lots of advice and support from them. It's a bit scary - don't know how I'll cope or how Oscar will be - but we'll see what happens.....

(oh by the way - Rob coined the 2bee thing - don't know where it came from but that's what he called the future baby once he found out - 2B as opposed to 1A and the baby "to be" I suppose! Oz was "pip" in utero - so this one is 2bee!)

9 comments:

EG said...

Ooooohhhh, I am sooo excited (I hope I don't sound like BB's Sam!) Oscar will be a lovely big bro, he is a very very intelligent little boy and handle it brilliantly!

E. x

Anonymous said...

So very, very happy for you! We had the same, got pregnant far quicker than we were expecting! oooops! A two and a half year gap sounds perfect, that's what my brother and I have and we've always been really close. I'm afraid you're right on the birthday thing though, my birthday is Jan 5th and sad to say it does suck as everyone is always too ill or skint to come to my parties :( Your little one will be such a star though that everyone will make the effort I'm sure :)

Clare said...

OOooo, I wonder if you ARE further on, certainly sounds possible! We could be birth buddies you and I :)

I've been thinking positive i.e. sale bargains for pressies hehe!!!!

HUGE congrats again! xx

Unknown said...

Now I understand even more why your journey was the flight from hell. You poor thing! Oz will be a super duper big bro. You rest up now and take it easy. It will fly by, I can assure you. :)

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news take care of yourself and I'll be looking forward to hearing how things go.
Best wishes from Paris
Anne

Sam said...

Congrats again, you did bloody well coping with the flights both ways on your own - it would be hard enough without adding the tiredness & nausea. And good on you for taking control of your diet early on in the pregnancy - it must have been frustrating going thru Walmart and not just picking up your faves, but hopefully 2bee will thank you for it!

steve said...

well congratulations - i am assuming this one will be called Bafta :)
I'm kidding for heavens sake don't !

xx

Dixie said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and Rob!

January isn't that bad for a birthday. I've been having one for 44 years now! :)

Beege said...

Nea is a January baby, Sal--and she doesn't get skipped over in any way, shape, or form! :) She won't allow it. I'd wager yours won't either.

I use her birthday as sort of a way to perk up the January/February winter blahs. There's such a letdown after the holidays...we really make a fuss over her day.

I'm so excited for you! And brilliant idea doing the GI diet from the get go. I think I'll do that, too.