Monday, April 10, 2006

Feels like forever

since I made an entry - not just a weekend! Friday night - company lovely, restaurant very disappointing. It's my favourite, sorry WAS my favourite place to go with an all you can eat buffet - but they were awful. My friend Jaquie brought her son Myles who is the same age as Oz. He's severely allergic to egg and we asked with each course whether or not it had egg in it. He hardly ate more than a few bites - like babies do. We ordered some special fried rice and specified REALLY clearly not to put egg in it. The waiter put it on the table saying "no egg". Myles ate a few spoonfuls and Jaquie spotted egg in it. They didn't even apologise. Jaquie was terrified - Myles has reacted really badly to food with egg in it, such as cake etc. but has never actually eaten egg in it's pure form. She gave him antihistamine which she always has with her, but it ruined her evening and she left soon after.

When we got the bill they tried to charge us for a child's buffet - they didn't apologise for the egg incident and seemed nonplussed when we mentioned that our friend was probably going to end up at the hospital with a very sick little boy. NOT impressed at all.

Luckily because he only had a mouthful or two, and because Jaquie was so speedy with the antihystamine, Myles had an itchy mouth but no other symptoms. But it could have been awful. And spoilt our evening.

Weekend now - Saturday we went to PC World to get our new laptop. I know, I know, we're broke - but this is something we signed up to ages ago - the Government's computers at work scheme - Rob basically pays a small amount every month before tax and we got an £800 voucher - so we get a tax free machine. We got a lovely Toshiba laptop which will be flying to America with me as Oscar's personal entertainment system (phew). Plus a couple of data sticks, a dinky little optical wireless mouse and a game for me - Age of Empires delux version (yes I am a nerd) - 4 games in one box . That's why I haven't posted all weekend! Been conquering the world!

Lesley is coming tomorrow with Lydia and we're going to take the little ones to a planetarium show designed for toddlers at the Museum- should be fun.

I'll take pics I promise!

2 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Glad you posted babe - I was going to call you today to check that everything was okay.

Had a bonkers dream last night in which you did a spectacular drum solo at a Christmas Lights switching on thingy (we were in the crowd and they asked for volunteers).

Good to know my brain is still a fruit loop, even if I am not.

xxx

Unknown said...

What a shame, your poor friend and her little boy.
Dead jealous of your new laptop. I want one so I can veg out on the bed or sofa and not have to sit in the study all the time.
(Study=playroom)
xx