Sunday, April 16, 2006

Broadband problems

Our internet service stopped working on Thursday night which is why I've been a wee bit quiet! Just in case you thought I might be having too much fun to post or doing something far more glamourous....hee hee. I rang 152 to speak to BT customer services only to be met with a recording saying they're all on hols. It wasn't until this morning I tried the automated service which did in fact put me through to a human who wonderfully talked me through fixing it.

I have been having a lovely Easter - hope you have as well. Oz slept over at my Mum's again on Friday night so Rob and I had a pizza, popcorn and plonk night in front of the telly - watched King Kong on DVD (bloody long film!). Saturday we took Oz swimming at Bromley - a very family friendly pool indeed - he had a blast -then thought it must be Christmas cos we took him to McDonalds for lunch so not only did he eat his very first hamburger (we usually go for chicken nuggets) which he LOVED, he got a racing car in his happy meal AND a balloon - one very happy little chap.

Today we had friends round for lunch - Liz and Craig who we met when pregnant - so their little boy Sam is the same age as Oz - they had a great time playing together and we all ended up in the garden playing baseball with Rob's juggling clubs and some plastic balls. I think when I go to Detroit I'm going to get Oz a mini baseball kit - a bat and glove or something -tell me US readers - do they exist? I loved playing softball when I was a kid in Moscow hanging with American friends....and I was on the rounders team at school - like hitting things with a bat! I thought it would be fun to play with Oz - but not in the garden - we ended up hitting a lot of balls into next door's garden and he won't be amused...

Talking of neighbours....I'm going to sound middle aged here but three doors down are having a raucous party in their garden - loud music blaring. Luckily Oz's bedroom is at the front of the house so it won't bother him but it's beginning to bother me....It's only 10pm so we'll see how it goes (who am I kidding - I won't complain! Especially after the last time....)

Right - off to bed to re-read The Red Tent - I read it when it first came out and can't remember much of it - but thought it might be more resonant now I'm a mum....plus Rob was watching Saw II (sick sick sick) this evening and I kept walking in on the most goriest bits so I want to read something lovely so I don't have scary dreams!

5 comments:

Dixie said...

You can get plastic baseballs and bats for little guys like Oscar.

Your Easter sound like it was lovely!

So long, farewell! said...

Glad you're back online - you saved me the cost of a phonecall (I was going to ring today if you'd not blogged to check that everything was okay).

Hope the neighbours didn't keep you up too late - darned young uns! :o)

EG said...

Happy Easter! Sounds like you have had a lovely time anyway! I take it all the frog spawn has gone!

Ess. x

Anonymous said...

Just tagged you - check my blog but don't worry if you don't want to do it!

Unknown said...

See if you can hit some balls 3 doors down. I ahte it when its noisy outside in the eveing, I get all anxious that it will continue all night. I end up shouting like an old fish wife though, Jim hides all embarassed of me ;)

Sylvie has been to Maccy D's a few times and loves it there. I always feel guilty the minute I walk in there but its a kids paradise isnt it? I always lick the salt off her fries.

Glad you broadband is back, I had noticed your absence. take care x