Saturday, April 29, 2006

Baby shower fun


What larks...it was a great party. Small but fun. My pregnant friends Miranda and Andrea were guests of honour and our other friend Liz was there - we all met when pregnant for the first time so our kids are all the same ages.

Just for my Brit readers I'll tell you a bit more about the traditional baby shower games we played - the nappies were for a guessing game. I melted 4 different chocolate bars into 4 nappies - the shower guests have to guess which bar it is - by smell...or taste! But no one really tasted them. It looks gross and it's so funny watching people sniffing like mad....

Miranda and Rick

Then we did a similar game with jars of baby food - i covered up the labels and you had to guess what they were - by taste or smell - I remember at my baby shower I refused to taste them - Frank, Andrea's son, was very interested and scoffed most of one jar!

We also played word games - anagrams, guess the baby animal, and then each person had to estimate, with bog roll, the girth of the pregnant ladies - I was close but Rick, Miranda's husband, was spot on for both girls.

Everyone loved the chicken amore (including the kids) and we had lots of cakes and ice creams for the kids.

And the weather was good to us - so we sat in the garden for most of the day.

My feet are killing me - I hardly sat down all day - and I'm really tired. But it was worth it. Hoorah for baby showers.

6 comments:

Nic said...

Oooh. It looks great fun. I'm glad it went well.
Nic

EG said...

There was a brown mess in Joe's nappy today, if I post it to you, please can you have a sniff and tell me what he had for his tea last night?

Sounds like you had a fabbo day! The hostess with the mostess!
E. x

Unknown said...

You are such a lovely friend Sall to do this for your pregnant pals. Ive never had or been to a baby shower. Ive seen them on the american baby programs. My mate and I are condidering having one as we are due very close to each other but you can guaranttee that it will end up beign a boozy bbq for everyone except us! Do you want to host it???

Al said...

Oooh, I want a baby shower!! Looks like you had a fabulous time and it's so nice to see the dads joining in. I'm so glad the weather held out, it was lovely yesterday - today is another matter entirely!!

How does Oscar get on with his trampoline? I'm watching one on Ebay, and Stephen reckons it's a bad idea as Jack will end up going over the garden fence!

Alx

zoe xx said...

Heh - will you have one for me if I ever need another? That looks like great fun!

Sam said...

Well done Sal, that looked just like the 'real' ones in America!! You're such a good friend, bet they all had a right laugh and it will be something they'll always remember.