Friday, August 05, 2005

Incredibly overdue questions from Zoe

The lovely Zoe agreed to interview me (at my request) and I have been so rubbish, I didn't spot her questions until today so apologies to Zoe - and here we go:

Here's how it works:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions -- each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

So here are Zoe's questions and my answers....

1. You have the opportunity to appear in any production (film, theatre, tv, whatever) and play any role. What would the production be, what part would you play and who would be your co-stars?

I've ALWAYS wanted to play Lady Macbeth. I think I'd give it a whole "mother figure" twist....It's my ambition to play at the National Theatre so let's put the show on there....now co-stars...hmmmmm Who would be a good Macbeth....that's a toughie. Johnny Depp perhaps? That would be unusual....I'd like Duncan to be played by Judi Dench in drag as it's my dream to work with her!

2. If you could choose any food in the world to be calorie/Points free what would it be?

Oh that's easy -chocolate!!! Wouldn't that be wonderful....

3. If you could give Oscar the perfect 1st birthday party, with money and practicality no object, what would it be?

I think I'd fly him and all his friends to Disneyland in Florida - even though he's too young to appreciate it, I'd love it! But if I'm being unselfish, I'd get an amazing soft play area and hire the whole thing, have hundreds of helium balloons - he loves those - and a cake in the shape of Oscar the Grouch. And champagne and melted chocolate fountains (with no calories) and sushi for the grown ups. And massages for the Mummies.

4. Do you have any regrets in your life? Is there a role for regrets or do you subscribe to the Robbie Williams' philosophy "they don't work"?

It's my main ambition in life to never regret anything. I try and learn from everything and see it all as meant to be - I never wanted to look back at my life and say "if only". And so far that's how I've lived. So yes, Robbie - you're a nutter but you're right on that count

5. What is the best thing that you can imagine overhearing someone say about you behind your back?

I would say it used to be - wow, she's a great actor. But now I'd like it to be "what a great mum she is"....

How my life has changed.

THANK YOU ZOE - for such wonderful thoughtful questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun questions. I'm sure you're a jolly actor, but would you really wanna go up against Judi Dench? I figure that'd be like going to karaoke with Cecilia Bartoli. (I must admit now that's not my simile, I heard it the other day on Iron Chef America though Alton Brown said Pavarotti instead.) Or perhaps Cecilia would be rubbish at ABBA and Elton. If that show ever happens, I'm definitely flying in for it.

And why not, interview me.