Saturday, November 05, 2005

Million Dollar Baby

Ok ok - this film has been out for a while and I've walked past it in Blockbuster thinking - naa - Boxing film - I hate boxing. Well tonight there was nothing on TV but we fancied watching a movie and it was on the pay per view. So I watched it with Rob and it was amazing.

Such a beautiful, sad, moving film - nothing like I expected. A film that's made me want to read F.X.Toole. And write to Clint Eastwood to tell him how amazing he is (and can I please have a job).

It's like Fight Club - another film I avoided because I thought it was one thing and it turned out to be another.

So if anyone else out there is like me and didn't think they'd find anything interesting or moving about a boxing film - please watch it.

I think it's one that will stay with me for a very long time.

No comments: