Sunday, April 10, 2011

100/365


100/365, originally uploaded by sally_re.

(woo hoo! A hundred photos!)

So....I saw this recipe on Tesco Real Foods...
http://www.tescorealfood.com/Recipes/Hot-cross-bread-and-butter-pudding.html
and it looked easy. So I made it. Slight variation - I didn't have dark chocolate chips so I used white ones. And as you can see they didn't melt very well. But I don't care. It was lush. I ate one bunful. Rob ate three. Then finished off the boys....

I am (slightly) ashamed to say I've never made bread and butter pudding before as I thought it was difficult. I thought premaking the custard would be hassly. I have now found various recipes where you just do what this one suggests - whisk egg milk and sugar together and pour it over. The buns were very crispy on top - the boys didn' tlike that but Rob did - so I might soak them in the mixture before baking (or make a bit more so they were more covered). They were crispy on the outside, soggy and chocolatey in the middle....

Lush.

No comments: