Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Oscar's vocab (Proud Mummy Brag warning)

I've been trying to pin down how many words Oscar uses now. He's amazingly verbal - I think he's a genius - my speech therapist sister can agree or disagree (see comments I'm sure) but he says more than most 16 month olds I've met. Here is a list of words he says clearly:

Duck, dog, pig, bird, cow, chicken, lion, spider, cat, bear, roar, miaow, moo, woof, baa, frog, bug, again, no, pop, bum, poo, head, knee, hand, leg, belly, button, mouth, nose, bouncing, bagpuss, bike, plane, car, copter, bus, truck, tractor, boat, flower, bee, tigger, bell, book, baby, sock, shoe, block, shake, cup, spoon, sit, eat, drink, water, yumyum, beans, pea, fish, chocolate, toast, egg, milk, chair, up, down, all gone, uh oh, oh no, wassat, back, ta, come, please, two, hot, clock, sun, beebies (which means turn the telly on mum), night night and bye bye.

He also calls me Mama, calls Rob Dada and calls my Mum GaGa. Even on the phone - he recognises the voices.

That's all we can think of at the moment. So tell me Kirsti? Genius?

Btw....Anne - yes you are Pearl's french friend! Bonjour and merci for reading me (I know you're not French but I'm showing off now)

4 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

My that is a lot of words! I bet K will be really proud. I keep meaning to stop by her blog and say hi but then the day gets away from me. I will make an effort to get in touch soon - I'll have lots of time if my stomach keeps on like this...

Thanks for the pep talk pet & glad Rob is still off the ciggies. I've not had one since the morning of the 30th (just before I tested), so it's nice to be able to say I haven't smoked this year, even though the cravings are still bad. I think that is partially due to the fact DH is still smoking and I so want a puff... Still, I must have willpower...

I have a jar of Glace Ginger by me constantly and have run out of Strawberry QS - hence eating the Orange ones - lol... they do really help, bonkers as that is!

Kirsti said...

82 words at 16 months? Absolute bloody genius. So says the entirely non-biased genius aunt.

There's also his receptive vocabulary - the words that he understands, but doesn't say. This is likely to be even larger.

I want audio tape recordings! I could get a paper out of this... ;)

Unknown said...

Jeeez!!!! Sounds a bit like my Ruby was. Sylvie has a few good clear words but talks fluent gibberish just like Tom did. She has whole conversations with you in russian/indian/welsh/whatever!!??

Well done that boy, a genius for sure!

Anonymous said...

Flippin eck, the boy's a genius! My little guy uses non verbal communication such as snogging! Haha, he's SUCH a tart ;)

BC Clare, who would also be bragging if 16 month old G could say all that!