Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006!!

I meant to blog yesterday but.....I didn't. No excuse really. I just didn't get round to it! Not that my New Year's Eve was filled with manic partying - Rob and I got to go out for lunch thanks to babysitting GaGa (that's what Oz calls my mother). It was lovely. We mooched around Bromley, bought some books and drank eggnog lattes on a comfy sofa. With no interruptions. Bliss.

We bought fancypants food from M&S for our dinner and I went out and got 2 DVDs. So we saw the New Year in with lamb shanks, roast vegetables, spinach and gruyere dauphinoise potatoes, followed by trifle. And Brad and Angelina in Mr and Mrs Smith and Katie and Christian in Batman Begins. Very satisfying.

We also drank a bottle of champagne and got giggly. Oscar snoozed through the fireworks -there were so many last night that we could see from our front door. Then we went to bed.

I got my period. So that put paid to our other plans. Buggerit.

Ah well. So I talked about resolutions but I can't think of any at the moment. Rob hasn't smoked today....watch this space - I hope to hell he does it this time....

Hope you all had marvellous celebrations in your own style. Hopefully this year I'll write some more guff that you find interesting enough to read. I don't write it enough (because I keep forgetting that people actually read the blathering) but I appreciate you all, all your comments and your stats when I check how many people read me. It's flattering. Especially since I don't consider myself a writer.

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year! my mom's a GaGa, too. it's a very cute name :)

Dixie said...

All the best to you and Rob and Oz in the new year!

Nic said...

Happy new year!
Sounds like you had a great night!!
Is Mr and Mrs Smith good? Thats top of my list of films to watch at the mo.
Here's to a happy and healthy new year

zoe xx said...

Happy New Year!

Thanks for your text - let's try to arrange something for 2006 - is it really nearly five years since we met up????

Glad to hear that you had a nice New Year's Eve :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New year!! Thought I should let you know that my mail@jemmajessup email isn't working dammit! Lord knows how many emails I'll have missed! So apologies if you've sent me something and I haven't got back to you, it will have disappeared into the ether. My working email address is boobunny21@yahoo.com. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!