Monday, January 02, 2006

Back to reality

So the holiday season is kind of over really. Rob goes back to work tomorrow. Normality is resumed. I'm going to miss having him around - and miss having lie ins every other day. Though I won't miss the kids who will be at school - every activity we usually do has been so crowded - looking forward to having Gambado back for the pre-school brigade.

I haven't seen my friends over the holidays and have missed them a lot too! Need to get my social life back in gear.

We took the decorations down today - always a sad thing to do. I love covering the house in glitter and am always sad when it goes away. (though there are always a few decorations that get left up all year round - sparkly fairy in the living room, a glitter ball in the dining room)


So goodbye Santa and sparkle and twinkly lights. What I kept thinking today was "I wonder what Oscar will make of it all next Christmas". He might get it a bit more - I imagine each year is more exciting until you hit puberty.....eek (don't even want to go there)

I had a meeting with my Monkey Music boss today to give me some guidance about lesson plans. I've been getting myself into a panic about it all. I thought I started this week but I have another week to practice. And I can watch her deliver some classes to get a clear idea of structure. I'm feeling ok for doing the classes with children of Oscar's age (I've done them as a parent for a year) but it's the older classes I'm nervous of - not only are the children more responsive (and demanding) but the classes are more complicated with basic music theory being introduced. Most Monkey Music teachers are trained musicians. I am not. I am a trained show off. So I have to do my homework on crotchets and quavers....(not the cheesy crisp, I know)

Here's a pic of Oscar in his funky snowsuit thingy - we got it at Lidl, home of the bargain, for £7.50 and it's fab. He splashed in puddles and fell in mud but was warm and dry inside it. (The pooh bear ears are from his sweatshirt)

4 comments:

Dixie said...

Took my Christmas stuff down today as well and it is a little sad, isn't it? Plus I don't have pictures on my walls yet so it's looking especially bare and a bit sad here.

Oz looks fab in his snow suit. Isn't Lidl the greatest? That's the one and only thing I hated about moving to my new apartment - we used to live across the street from a Lidl and now I'm not near one.

Kirsti said...

Luckily you have a sister who is a trained musician and can certainly help you out with breves, semibreves, crochets, quavers and even hemidemisemiquavers should the need arise....

And Oz is just adorably cute. Now you have to post a pic of you in your wonderful new hat.

So long, farewell! said...

He looks snug and toastie!

Well, spent the day in bed puking and blogging here... tried to get up 5 times then thought to hell with it, let the good times roll :o)

xxx

zoe xx said...

I really need to take my decorations down, but I can't be arsed and I am tired after my first day at work. Plus, I have this thing that they can't come down until 6th Jan, or maybe that's not right...

I bet you will be fab at the Monkey music - can me and Alfie come to one?