Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I just got off the phone with Poppy!

Damn I love that woman. Poppy is a star. I know I've probably said all this before but tough, I'm recounting it again....

She's the reason I started blogging. Her blog is inspirationally funny, witty and brutally honest. She's going to be a published writer so soon, I just know it and I am proud to say she's one of my closest friends, even though she lives in St Louis. She's responsible for me getting pregnant. (Long story involving stonecutter mojo belly rubbing). She's made me Thanksgiving Dinner. In May. With a 3 month old baby in tow. She's travelled great distances to see me. She and I discovered Peckerwoods together. She rocks.

She can make meatloaf shaped like a house!!!!

And I can call her long distance for cooking tips.

Thank you Poppy! For being lovely and being you.

6 comments:

Kirsti said...

She is indeed a wonderful, inspiring and remarkable woman. And her writing jsut shines with a great combination of wit and honesty. So what are you cooking? And when are you going to call me? (I'm at work, which you can find by going to DDI's webpage and looking me up under 'staff')

Anonymous said...

You made my day, Girl! Both with the call and this unabashed ego-stroking.

Love you - the both of you!

Nic said...

LMAO! I've just read Poppys blog. I've commented on your knitting on the knitting blogy thing.
Nic
x

So long, farewell! said...

Her blog is lovely - I can see why they want to publish - great stuff!

As for mojo belly rubs... tell all please! I think my friends Pete and David are the preggy fairies for me as every time they visit I get up the duff :o)

xxx

Dixie said...

Poppy's the greatest. I love being friend with her.

And with you too, sweetie.

zoe xx said...

And I love being friends with all three of you!! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah!