Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Who ate all the pies?

Toby is nearly 4 months old - will be on the 8th May. I took him to the clinic today to get his last set of jabs....and to get weighed.

Go on. Guess the weight of my bloater child......he weighs the same as Oscar did at 29 weeks. He's on the 98th centile.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
19lbs 9.

Eek! And breastfed all the way. We've been trying to get him to take a bottle for the last 2 weeks so I can get more sleep. He's not having any of it. Now he's even refusing a dummy. If it ain't skin, it ain't going in his gob. He's also getting harder to put down at night - I really see what the Baby Whisperer means about missing the window. If we miss his window it takes an hour and a half to settle him. Which is why I haven't been blogging for a few days. Tonight - window hit and he went down like a lamb.

Oscar is being demonic again. Hitting. It drives me and Rob mad. Yesterday he was ultraviolent at the play place to two other kids (one of whom we didn't know which is always worse) and then hit me round the face. So we left early and I took them on a long drive while I calmed down. Thank god for my lovely car. Tonight he punched Rob on the head twice. He'd been having a really lovely evening up until then. Naughty chair doesn't work anymore - he just laughs. So tonight Rob threw one of his favourite toys in the bin. In the actual bin. I think that one hit home. I have of course fished it out but it will be hidden. I'm going to get a see through box - like I've seen Supernanny do - and confiscate toys into that during the day.

It's exhausting. I was very near meltdown yesterday - spent a lot of the day in tears (toby had also slept really bad 2 nights in a row). Today, being Tuesday, was lovely. But I've only got a couple of Tuesdays left......sigh......I'll miss them and I'm not sorry for saying so. I love Oscar but he's exhausting. A day with just Toby and I is much calmer and quieter. Well for some of the time. Toby is more and more alert and awake and cries loudly now when unhappy. But he's usually easily soothed.

Ok I'm rambling now. I just haven't sat at the computer for about 3 days!

Oh yes - must say - immense kudos and huge thanks to Moxie - she remembered my wedding anniversary - this Friday we'll have been married for 11 years - and I hadn't even remembered it!! Not only is she a brand new mum, she's still probably jet lagged from her trip, but she managed to get a card in the post. Ah Mox my mate, I don't deserve you. I've never sent you an anniversary card. I probably forgot your birthday last year (I can't remember if I did but I bet I did). You're lovely. And I'm very grateful.

3 comments:

Clare Griffiths said...

Don't worry, I know someone whose baby was on the 103rd centile at the same point, also breastfed the whole way!! :-)

Many sleep vibes coming your way for Toby!

So long, farewell! said...

Glad the card arrived - I kind of sent it early too to give Rob the nod in case he had forgotten so he had time to remember if you know what I mean - tee hee!

Well done on the super boobs for getting Toby so well fed. I am jealous! Rox was 13.5lbs on Monday (at 10 weeks) though so she might catch him up and they can eat pies together!

Bobbie said...

Really sorry to hear that your boy's giving you such a hard time. Hope he calms down and goes through a very loooong angelic phase. Moxie is a star!!! I can barely remember my own anniversary, let alone anyone elses.xx