Friday, May 25, 2007

Getting better....

I think Oz realised how upset and angry we were with his behaviour...yesterday he was a little angel. The day before he had a couple of wobbles - on Wednesday night it was the family night launch at the Planetarium and he was a very good boy in a large, non child friendly space filled with people and noise. There was a brass quintet and he was enchanted by them (and they by him) - he conducted them! He was naughty getting back into the car but as my mother said, it was an hour after his bedtime.

Yesterday we were on our own - Rob worked late -and I'd been dreading it. But it was fine. Mum bought Oz a tent from Lidl - a wigman and igloo tent connected by a tunnel. We built it in the garden, played in it all afternoon - luckily Toby was chilled and happy to watch us from his bouncy chair. We ate a picnic in the tent. Oz did a poo ON THE POTTY!!! He also came home from nursery in the same clothes he left in - no accidents at all yesterday.

Bed time was fine. Toby had to scream a bit but it was fine. We bathed together, came back downstairs for milk and a biscuit while I fed Toby, then I put Toby in his cot and put Oz to bed (while Toby screamed for 15 minutes) then calmed Toby back down, fed him a bit more and put him down. I was done by 8.30 so only an hour and half!!!

Rob is off work today. So I'm going to the cinema with Clare to see Pirates of the Caribbean at the Big Scream (I usually can't go cos I have to pick Oz up). I managed to get us all up and dressed this morning and Oz to nursery with no tantrums (a huge result) so Rob can sleep in.

Things are SO much better than this time last week. So thank you for all your supportive comments and calls and texts. I've felt very loved this week - even though it's been so tough, I know I'm not alone and that meant the world. So thank you thank you thank you.

Oh and Toby - for the first time ever this morning...didn't wake up until 7.30!! He woke at 1, at 3 (I didn't feed him but got him back to sleep) at 5 (I fed him) and then his usual pattern is wake up at 6 and I take him into our bed where we doze until 7. The reason I could get up with Oz so easily was that Toby was out until 7.30. Might have been the heat....might have been a new pattern - fingers crossed for the latter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweetie, glad yesterday went well, I was thinking of you last night. Bless Oscar for trying harder, and good news on teh 7.30 sleep in of Toby! Still sending you the good vibes and happiness, Uxx

zoe xx said...

Hurrah! I love it when things get better, and the last day or two sound fab!

Well done you, and well done boys!