Monday, May 07, 2007

Hungry Toby

I was determined not to wean Toby until he was 6 months old. With Oscar I was so desperate to have a go at feeding him that he had his first meal on Christmas Eve when he was exactly 4 months old - banana.

However, Toby's sleep is SO bad....and he's SOOOO big....I decided to try and give him a little baby rice at 6pm - an hour before bedtime - in an attempt to fill him up a bit.

It's been a huge success. First two evenings we did 1tsp baby rice alone. Then mixed a little apple in (from a jar I got free in a bounty pack). He loved that. He finished the little jar this evening - it lasted 3 feeds - but seemed desperate for more - so I mixed up another teaspoon with another third of a jar of banana, apple and apricot. Wolfed it down!

I'm not going to move on to three meals a day just yet - will keep it a teatime thing for now. I don't think it'll hurt. His milk intake hasn't changed at all. But....the last two nights...he's gone from 7 till 1am - a huge improvement. We'll see.....I'm going to try mashed potato next with a big lump of butter in to keep him full....

No comments: