Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Skint....

First off, again, I must say thank you for all your lovely comments - I think you guys keep me sane. I haven't been posting on any of my regular bboards - been too tired and stressed - so my blog is my only contact with my online mates - and I appreciate you - all of you - thank you.

Oz hasn't been too bad today - has had a few wobbles on the edge of tantrums but was distractable. I took him to my Mum's this afternoon so he was entertained beautifully - she has so much more patience and energy than me at the moment! He loves her so much and they have a grand time playing together.

I've just checked our online bank statement and am SO grateful it's payday on Friday. I have no idea why but this month we've totally overspent. I've borrowed a lot of money off my folks (they are my credit card) but we're still overdrawn....and I owe Kirsti a ton of money - I'm sorry sis.....

And the frustrating thing is, it's just gone on dribs and drabs - no big purchases, no huge extravagance that I can really put my finger on - the meal out last Friday night was £30....I've been spending a lot on petrol bombing down to Guildford and Southampton....actually that Southampton trip cost about £150....but it doesn't account for it all - and I've gone through the statement and I know it's all us - no one is using my account fraudently (I wish!).

We've just overspent. And I'm really angry and annoyed at myself.

I hate money worries....I'm so much luckier than a lot of people- I have a deal with my folks that I only go into debt with them - so no one is going to reposses my house or furniture (though they could have had Oscar for a fiver earlier in the week). I have a huge safety net with them there. But I wish sometimes I could be totally financially independent.

I suppose I could be back at work 5 days a week earning £28k in a secretarial job and not see my kid (hmmm...after this week that could be tempting...). I've earnt £450 doing Monkey Music this month which is something. But it's my choice to be with Oz, not work. And I love it even when he's horrible and I'm tired.

OOO - I want to win the lottery!

Ok I'll stop winging now. I must do a more cheerful post sometime this week or it will be a moan-fest on this blog. I apologise but thank you for letting me vent my worries...

4 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Big hugs darlin, being skint sucks. I'm going to have to get my finger out and get a job soon as we are broke, but I just can't get my head around the 9-5 right now.

I get cross too cos we never seem to buy anything 'large' that accounts for the money going, it's just petty little dribs and drabs - I wouldn't mind if I was buying $5,000 shoes every week in between popping to St Tropez and having my arse waxed every other Friday :o)

If you win the lottery send us a few quid up.

Love and hugs darlin - and glad Oz is getting better.

x

Al said...

Hello

I was skint before I had children and it makes you wonder where the money went then because had nothing to show for it then either!!

I've chosen the going back to work route, I hate not having any money and I earn quite good money, most of which will go on childminding, but I worked full time from when the twins were tiny babies up til when I had Jack and I don't think they suffered as a result of seeing me less.

Unfortunately my credit cards are the real ones and they have to be paid off!! I think if you can stay home, and not have to worry about the Man from your Flexible Friend turning up with a lorry and a clipboard then go for it!! I know I would, though part of me is very much looking forward to going back to work and being ME again!!

See you tomorrow (hopefully??!!)

Alx

Unknown said...

I have the usual debts, student loan (which doesnt count and I dont think about it) a credit card, a loan which finishes this year (YAY!!!) and a Next account but none of them are huge. We dont have any spare cash and thought hard about having another baby but we wanted a big family. I dont care about a nice car and fancy stuff as long as we can cover the bills - or cover them with a little help!! I know Im goin on about myself here but what Im trying to say is that the job you are doing is the one that makes you happy (most of the time, lol) You have the rest of your life to get back to it and earn more dosh.

I dream about winning the lottery, it would help if I bloody bought a ticket..

Nic said...

Can I join the skint club? I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a student loan that they ignore (Kell). Michael gets grumpy with me about that one but then he was old enough to go to uni when they got paid to go!!
Its a difficult one. We don't have any money to save and I spend all my timt trying to find ways to make money but I don't want to leave J and L with childminders all the time just to give the money I earn straight to them and never see my kids. I think you have a nice mix of work and sahm, don't know what I'm saying here really, got a whinging girly in my ear
Nic
x