Sunday, March 12, 2006

Film news and showers!

Had a great time watching the film - was really busy - lots and lots of people. It sounds awful to say, but it was so much better than I thought it would be. La Beacham was very hammy, the blood flowed, the fight scenes were great and Jason (who plays Oscar the axe wielding dwarf) and I were the comic relief. Very impressed. It'll be shown in London very soon - James wants to do a screening to invite press and distributors too - the film was only finished last week so no news on distribution as yet....

We didn't get down to Southampton until 11pm so not much of a romantic night in the hotel - passed out cold as soon as my head hit the pillow!

Oscar had a lovely time at my mum's - he's back to his ordinary self - he woke up on Friday smiling and smiled all day - I'd actually forgotten how lovely he can be after the week from hell.

Today I threw a baby shower for my friend Kelly who's due to pop in a few weeks. My amazing sister (as usual) came to my aid by sending me a ton of baby shower stuff - lots of banners, table decorations, party favours and stuff -thanks to you sis, the room looked amazing. We had great fun playing silly games like melted chocolate bars in nappies, - you had to guess which was which - guess the baby food, guess the baby animal, guess Kelly's circumference in toilet roll and pin the nappy on the baby. Kirsti had sent favours I could give out as prizes plus a lovely shower keepsake book and a camera that adds slogans to your pictures.


I have so much stuff I'm going to throw another one for 2 pregnant friends. We all brought food and there was a lovely spread - lots of leftovers for me - yum!

The house looks like a bomb site but it was worth it! I'm off to tidy up. Hope Oscar sleeps ok tonight - I think he's only eaten crisps and cake this afternoon washed down by rasperryade! I'm such a good mother...

2 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Glad the film was fab babe and great that Oz is back to his smiling self :o)

As for melted chocolate in nappies though...

xxx

Anonymous said...

Urgh - I remember those pictures of the chocolate nappies from your baby shower in America!!
Glad Oscar is back to normal - he was obviously getting sick of you and just had to have a break!