Monday, July 02, 2007

Hoorah for protein!

Last night Toby ate a hefty portion of chicken breast whizzed up with pea and parsnip puree that I'd made before and frozen. I wasn't sure if he'd like the texture so put a lot of milk with it to make it smooth. He scoffed a load.

He woke up at 3am only. Then at 6.15 was cooing in his cot so I brought him into bed and he slept until 8.

I feel like a new woman! Although I have a stinking cold - have had NO voice all weekend.

This weekend was party central - one on Saturday in Chessington which was fab but took 2 hours to get there and 2 and a half to get back - eek! It was worth it though to see my friend Joanne who I don't see enough of.

Sunday was Jack's party in Biggin Hill - best cake ever and lovely to see Al again - I don't see enough of her either. Where has my social life gone? I suppose it's with people going back to work.....

I've had to postpone my singing debut for Tippee Toes due to the fact I can hardly speak, let alone sing....but hopefully will start again next week. Have been doing lots of work for the magazine which is cool. And may have the prospect of a proper job - jobsharing with a friend. But not sure yet so watch this space.

I bought a load of chicken and fish and will be consulting Ms Karmel today and making Toby a lot of protein filled food - fish in orange sauce, one pot chicken, lentils - you name it - the boy is going to get it!

(Oh can't wait for the day when I can just bung him a fish finger!)

1 comment:

Clare Griffiths said...

Microwave a fish finger (proper fish one), peel the coating off - bingo lovely yummy fish!

This was a hint from baby group last week - sounds good.

Anyway, hurrah for protein and sleeping!