Friday, June 29, 2007

I'm going slightly mad

For the last three nights, Toby has been waking up almost hourly. And the first night Oscar was also up and banging on his bedroom door cos he'd had a nightmare....

NO idea what's up with the baby. I think he's often woken up with wind - he's such a farty thing - but won't go back to sleep unless he's cuddled or fed. Which I've been doing. STUPID!!!

Last night at 3am I woke Rob and asked him to try and settle Toby or I was going to lose the plot completely. Rob made me put earplugs in and left him to cry it out. I could still hear through the earplugs. But Toby went back to sleep and didn't wake up till 7.

So tonight, no matter what, I'll only feed him once and then will leave him to cry. I never wanted to do it - I'm not a fan of Gina Ford. But I think I've got to. 3 nights of no more than 50 minutes sleep at a time....I feel awful.

Thanks to my Mum I got a nap after the first night. Slept some yesterday morning. But today I have both boys all day so no chance to catch up on sleep. Toby's asleep now and Oz is whining.....

GIVE ME STRENGTH......

I started writing writing this at 9. Had a manic morning....but THANK GOD FOR MY MOTHER who once again took Toby while Oscar slept and gave me a chance to sleep on the best bed in the world (she's got a tempur mattress) - I LOVE MY MUM!

6 comments:

Clare Griffiths said...

Could Toby be wanting more solid food? Just a thought based on discussions we had at baby group on Thursday. Obviously I have no experience of this myself! Hope it gets better v soon...

zoe xx said...

I wondered exactly the same as Clare - is he getting hungrier, he#s growing so fast? I'm not sure what the new arrangements are on weaning as I'm five months away from it and it's all changed since Alfie, but has he moved on to proteins yet, and if so, would more of that help?

Hurray yet again for your Mum!

Anonymous said...

Poor you - hope it all comes out in the wash - the only thing I can thing of is that seeing as he seems so desperate to chew on stuff maybe he's teething?

xx P

Unknown said...

Hey, don't worry about giving in, I told myself I wouldn't make the same mistakes second time round and third time round I was still feeding Sos to sleep and had her in bed.
Thats the way it goes with breastfed bubbs I think. Sonny has been a dream but he never had boob.

My mum has a tempur mattress too -OMG!!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yay for your lovely mummy :)

So long, farewell! said...

Yay for your mum! but boo to no sleep. Can't really add much to what the other lovelies have said apart from have you tried PUPD but wanted to send you a hug.

PS - why don't men realise that you can hear your baby cry with your soul not through your ears!

xxx

So long, farewell! said...

Forgot to say maybe Tobes is smelling your milk when you comfort him so thinks grub is up which is why he won't go down until he is fed. This happened to a mate of ours so her hubby had to take on the night time settling until it passed.

I just do heartbeat tapping on Rox's back if she is still wriggly after a couple of cuddles and that seems to work unless she has lost the plot(sez Mox frantically looking for some wood to touch).

Was going to call you but don't want to wake you if you are resting

Hope things get better soon.

xxx