Sunday, June 17, 2007

I am still alive....honest

Just totally empty of inspiration, energy and time to blog! I've been reading my email and that's about it at the moment with my online time....

All is ok chez Edwards - Oz's behaviour has good some days....appalling some days....but better than a few weeks ago when I was about to run away to Vegas and forget I had kids. Toby's sleep is good some nights (one wake up) and bad some nights (three - as it was last night).

Potty training - also good and bad. Two days ago we started bribing Oz to go on the potty as he wasn't interested at ALL. Bad mother that I am - it started with mini jelly sweets - three for a big wee, two for a small one. But now, being advised by my good mother, we're using cherries. Oz LOVES cherries. Yesterday he was dry all day and only pooed in his pullup which was cool.

I've been going to the gym a lot. Eating a lot. So no real effect there but I enjoy swimming. I've had 2 auditions - didn't get either of them - the second one I'm a bit gutted about as it was a fantastic script...ah well....

Been offered 2 non-acting jobs - one doing some admin for someone we used to advertise LAB with - and even better, one doing music - like Monkey Music - but where I can take Oscar or Toby with me to class. The latter is the one I'm really excited about. I've got meetings with both potential employers tomorrow so will let you know. Both jobs will work around the kids so I'm not really going back to work as such but it will be nice to earn a little pocket money and feel I have a purpose again.

It's Fathers Day so happy day to all your daddies out there. Rob is still in bed. I'm going to make him a bacon sandwich in a bit. Then I want to crawl back in cos I'm so tired but I think we're going swimming en famille.....at least I get a trip to Costa Coffee out of it!

4 comments:

Nic said...

Ahh aren't we good Mummies. We have left Michael in bed..wonder if they repay the favour on Mothers Day though ;)
The jobs sound good, I always try to find something to work around the kids. The music one sounds like great fun. As you say, all extra money and purpose!! Good luck.
Well done Oscar with the potty training. Lou is not showing any sign of interest. Well she wants to wear pants but she wants to wee in them so for the time being she stays in nappies!!
AND well done you at the gym. I need some motivation, I keep saying tomorrow and next week and huh never! THIS WEEK ;)
Have a good day and hope you manage to squeeze some sleep in somewhere.
Nic
xx

Unknown said...

Oh glad to see you're alive and well. I keep missing you when youre online.

Good luck with the jobs honey. You're doing an amzing job Sal, its bloody hard work. Vegas sounds appealing. If you do a runner, let me know, I might join you!

We haven't taken Sonny swimming yet. The local pool is pretty chilly, I just don't think Sonny would tolerate it. He's only just coming round to warm baths. I'll have to look out for warmer pools locally.

Clare said...

Well...if it'll make you feel better...Toby sleeps better than Arlo! And Gabe has no inclination to give up nappies. Plus, I do no exercise!It's like Kell says, the pool here is bloody freezing! Ho hum, ain't life grand?!

Fingers crossed on the job front.

Bobbie said...

Have been checking in to see where you are - good to hear from you hon. Well done on the improvement on potty training. I say anything that works is a GOOD thing!

You've already had your meetings with your potential employers - so how did they go...?xx