Friday, July 27, 2007

I'd forgotten....

what a pain in the arse....(literally for Toby) teething is. He's feverish. Sore bum. Whiny, wingy and clingy.

And today Oz decided to channel beelzebub whilst at Gambado. I was getting filthy looks from at least 6 parents as he hit, pushed and headbutted everyone. I timed him out. I took away his snack. I told him I'd thrown his favourite film (Dinosaur) in the bin.

Nope. Nothing doing. He's been totally obnoxious all day. One of those days when you DON'T enjoy your children at all.

Read a fantastic article that my mum clipped for me - and I found it online - go read it here and feel better about your parenting....

3 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Sorry Oz has been off on one and hugs to Tobes, we have a clingy little one here too as her gums hurt so much but those darned little tussy pegs will not break through.

Loved the article, as you know we often co sleep yet Rox still is able to self settle when we do put her in her basket (apart from recent dummy losing acting which I am putting down to her being out of sorts). I love waking up with her kicking hell out of my back, singing her ABC's with daddy or bashing me on the head with her toy rabbit :o) Hurrah for mothers coming out of the closet!

x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally

I left my brain at home this morning along with your email address!!! So this is not actually a comment on the above topic.
I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday for tomorrow as I'm not working and will be out most of the day.
Hope your 3 men pamper you in style!!
We'll be in London around 20 Aug for a few days maybe we could meet up for lunch with Pearl?
Bisous
Anne

Beege said...

We co-sleep. We were accidental co-sleepers with Linnea, and I co-slept with Sarah from the very beginning.

Now, at 3 and a half months, SHE'S starting to seem to prefer to sleep on her own, although she's more than happy to come to our bed for her night feed and the snuggle in 'til morning. And I'm beyond happy to have her there. There's just something about waking up with your sweet baby snuggled up against you...I wouldn't give it up for anything. :)