Monday, October 02, 2006

Two things....

First off - MOXIE YOU ARE NAUGHTY! I've been dying to find out all day what colour baby she is carrying - she had her scan today - and she's being a tease (quelle surprise) and not telling. Having known the woman for 17 odd years, she's a master at this sort of thing. I think about tormenting people but my gob is too big - I get excited and blurt it out

Mox has the patience of a saint. She managed to convince me, over a wind up period of at least a month, that our shared student house was haunted - by doing various tricks like spraying polish around the house, bending spoons in the cutlery drawer (only my spoons) and removing batteries from the remote control, making me think it was broken, only to put them back in and change channels when I wasn't looking and freak me out.

She has evil ways. She will probably torment us all with this one till the baby is born....grrrrr!!!

Second....Oscar's face was a picture today and I'm gutted I didn't have the camera - There was the most amazing rainbow in the sky this evening - totally perfect - only lasted for a couple of minutes. Rob called us out and we three (should I say four with the bump) stood and gazed at it - Oz's face was a mixture of awe and joy. He's never seen a rainbow in real life that clear before. He knows what it is and stuff. We stood and all sang "I can sing a rainbow" together. It blew his tiny mind. Made me think - wouldn't that be a cool first memory for him to have? Standing in the garden in Daddy's arms watching the most perfect rainbow fade into a grey sky.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, wonder if we had the same rainbow magic?! I did exactly the same thing with John yesterday and like you had no camera...buggeration! We were standing underneath one of those big white windmills at the time, so in the memory stakes, hands down I'm sure the windmill would win over the rainbow (he's obsessed).

You're looking fabulous btw Sal, the green top is lush - really suits you. Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Aww, Sal, the rainbow story made me blub! What a gorgeous memory for you all *sob* :o)

There was one here the other night and it was just beautiful.

Sorry to tease but it's such darn good fun. All is revealed now though.

I was going to call you last night but had a bit of tired and emotional melt down so crashed in bed.

Lets catch up soon though

love and hugs

xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh we did the rainbow thing on Sunday!! Sylvies first one too!!