Monday, October 16, 2006

Ouch!!

I have hurt my foot. Last night, coming down the stairs, I trod on a plug. Yes your average three pin plug....but instead of it just bruising - the longest pin stuck in the sole of my foot. I put my full weight on it.....Couldn't work out what it was then reached down and yanked a plug out of my foot.

OUCH!

I was very faint but didn't pass out- just had to lie at the bottom of the stairs bleeding! Rob was putting Oscar to bed and came downstairs - Oscar was a bit freaked out - but I felt ok after five minutes of lying down....never felt that faint before - even when I cut my ring finger so deep I saw bone - maybe it's cos of the pregnancy....

So I'm off to see the nurse this morning as I'll probably need a tetanus shot. As if i'm not injecting enough at the moment (no..the insulin dose is still rising as my blood sugar is still too high - I'm on 18 now - started at 2....)

Argh!

8 comments:

Nic said...

Oh no Sal. Hugs to you. I have stood on so many plugs and that hurts enough but urgh to it being in your foot. I hope it feels better soon. Sorry to hear about your blood sugars too.
take care missus!!
Nic
xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh baby - remember - this too shall pass! Put your foot up - eat some dark chocolate and have a virtual hug xxxx lots of love Pearl xxx

Anonymous said...

Ouch - babe, upturned plugs hurt more than anything in the known universe... Repeat after me - NO MORE LEAVING PLUGS ON THE STAIRS... IT HURTS... :o)

Hope you get better soon and hope the insulin levels sort themselves out.

Hugs

xxx

Anonymous said...

Bl**dy hell Sal - you poor thing!! What a thing to do. Very brave on the injecting front though - I was once shown how to use an epi-pen for someone who was severely allergic to nuts but never had to use it thank goodness.

EG said...

OMG hun that must have been agony! Anything for an excuse to put your feet up! ;-) Make sure your boys pamper you rotten!

E. x

Anonymous said...

Sally sorry to hear about that sounds really painful do take it easy Thinking about you V Best wishes Anne

Dixie said...

Oh you poor thing! Yikes! That made me woozy just to read about it!

Sasha said...

Ouchoooooooooooooo! That happened to me when I was a teenager and I now have a total fear of it happening again......childbirth a doddle compared to that pain. Just awful. I threw up loads. Now have a morbid fear of it happening again and have to put anything with a plug away if I'm not using it. So scared of doing it again......still have the scar...you poor love.
Sxxxxxxxx