Friday, October 13, 2006

Feeling very spoilt today

Penultimate Monkey Music week - and one of the mums isn't going to be here next week for my last class so presented me with a huge bouquet of yellow flowers which made me cry. I'm realising how much I'm going to miss the kids in the classes. I've watched them grow up over the last year and I'm very very fond of them....next week I'm bringing lots of tissues.

Then came home to find a parcel from Poppy! With one of my favourite treats in it - beef jerky. I love the stuff. Poppy and I once bought some at a place called Peckerwoods - and we have the t-shirts to prove it! Jerky is available over here but is exorbitantly expensive so Poppy - you're an angel -with everything you're coping with at the moment, it makes me so grateful and thankful - it's a low GI treat and I'm scarfing it as I type! Hoorah for my wonderful friends....

Haven't posted much I know - am so tired. One more week of MM and then I'll be sane.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The very day you posted your diagnosis, I was at the Bass Pro Shop - a huge hunting and fishing store with massive fish tanks. We'd taken Clara Jane there to see the fish. Right next to the tank was a huge display of beef jerky, on sale. Of course I had to get some for you! Glad it arrived, and glad it made you happy. :)

EG said...

You deserve to be spoilt!! We got some Beef Jerky in Tesco the other week, it was hanging up along the booze aisle. John loves it too. I think it was only about £1.50 a bag, a darned sight cheaper than when we got it in Costco!

Look after yourself babes, and use the extra time you will have for pampering. Esther's orders! Love to you all. XXX

E. x

Dixie said...

Parcels from Poppy are the best!