Monday, August 28, 2006

Not quite as planned....

Oscar's party that is....the weather let us down - surprise surprise. My friend Andrea rang just as I was packing the picnic in the car to tell me it was chucking it down where she was (10 minutes away from us) and maybe we should relocate. Our house was a tip - I've had to get rid of the cleaner as we can't afford it and it's really showing....

But it was clean up or get soaked...and with a few people bringing little babies as well as 2 year olds there was no choice really. I managed to get hold of Jemma just before she left Guildford to tell her to come to my house...Rob was a star and cleaned and tidied....I rang round everyone - and so many people weren't going to come anyway - said they thought it was the week after or thought it was cancelled. Which was actually a relief as I hadn't wanted to have a house full of 2 year olds. In the end the Kelly family, the Morrisons, Julie and Mya and my friend Kelly and her daughter Savannah came - only 6 adults, 4 two year olds and 2 little babies to deal with. It was enough though!!

We had fun! The kids loved the trampoline (the weather of course cleared up once everyone was here). Oscar had a tantrum and had to go to bed after about half an hour but woke up in time to get cake and presents.

It was nice to spend some quality time with Jemma and Stu - they got on very well with my other friends Andrea and Gerard - I knew they would - Gerard and Stu were like a double act!! Very very funny. Since we'd bought stuff for picnics, everything was disposable so there wasn't much clearing up to do afterwards.

(I've been trying for 30 minutes to upload photos onto blogger and it won't let me - I'll try later)

Sunday I had a monkey music birthday party - for 1 year olds - about 8 of them who weren't that interested to be honest. I sang my butt off for 45 minutes but it was hard work - I didn't know any of the children or the mums so there was no rapport or feedback. They were very passive. I have no idea if they liked it or not - hope they did!

Don't know if I'll do another one as it knackered me out - but it was £60 so I can't winge. Oz slept at mum's last night which was lovely so Rob and I had a takeout and an early night ;) and another lie in this morning.

We're having a tidy up and clean day today...oh how I miss my cleaner! Though she's left us with a broken hoover - god knows how long it hasn't been working properly....I'll have to take it to be fixed this week.

Tomorrow we're running a test-run of the LAB - for 2 hours in the afternoon with some friends - just to see how it works. So we can be all professional for our launch next Tuesday....next Tuesday....EEEEEEK!

6 comments:

EG said...

Aww I bet Oz had a blast!! Boo to buggered up hoovers. All the very best for the launch next week, I am sure it will go perfectly! E. xx

So long, farewell! said...

Good luck tomorrow darlin.

Sorry the party didn't go to plan but it sounds like you all had fun.

xxx

Anonymous said...

Good luck for the test run - I am sure it will be great!

xx Pearl

Sam said...

Boohiss to rain, but at least you all had a great time anyway and Oz's bed was on hand for his nap to calm him down. Good look for next Tues, I'll have everything crossed for you & hopefully you'll get some feedback from your hard work on Sunday too...do those mum's meet on other occassions & might have been a bit shy to say anything? Doesn't help you very much when you don't get any thanks but hopefully it was just down to their nerves and they all had a wonderful time.

Sam said...

(of course, I meant LUCK!!!)

zoe xx said...

Hope the LAB thing went well - I admire you so much for having a super idea and the guts to follow it through - especially whilst preggers!

Any chance of a Manchester branch when you go multiglobal?

Hope to hear all about it soon

xx