Monday, August 07, 2006

Hot weekend

As Al has already told it much better than I can (and with pics) you can read about our trip to Jaya's party here. Traffic jams and heat aside, it was lovely.

Sunday Rob took Oz to the Horniman (on public transport!) so I had a morning to myself. Which I slept through mostly! In the afternoon we had a photo shoot (daaaarling) at Snappy Snaps. I'd "won" it in a prize draw that I'd stupidly filled in ages ago in Bromley. So we got a free shoot, one free 6x4 pic and then they'll try and sell us lots of pictures. I'll have to be very strong not to buy them as they took 300 odd - and some brilliant ones I'm sure. They are expensive to buy extra - not quite as expensive as some, but still outrageous - £10 for a 6x4. What they're trying to sell is their "package" where for £150 you get 10 different sized ones. But we haven't got £150...so I'll make sure I leave my credit card at home!

Kirsti arrives today. Very excited. And happy cos Oscar woke up at 6am, we tucked him back in and he went back to sleep till 8.30! Nice lie in for me (and for Rob unfortunately cos he'll be late for work). I love it - the morning seems much shorter now - I'm waiting in for my shopping to be delivered and then we can go round and see Auntie Kirsti! Hoorah! More later. With pics!

4 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Say hello to Kirsti for me and give her a hug.

Hurrah for that Emilie woman leaving, she scared me, but I thought she'd be good if she could play the lead in the musical Anne Frank :o)

Will have to look up who Connie is, I have to admit I only had eyes for Briony!

xxx

EG said...

Ooh yes, I hope Kirsti has brought your cable for your camera!! ;-) Loads of piccies in your next entry please!!

IKWYM about those photo people, they show you the actual photos and you just can't bear the thought of them throwing them away can you!

Can't wait to see you, getting really excited now!

E. x

Sasha said...

OOooohhh I know that feeling of being so excited to see sisters! Did you two fight as kids or have you always been close?? We used to wind each other up, but always stood up for each other. Although I did growm my nails long so I could dig them into my sisters!!
But now??? We are like you and K, so close. Looking forward to seeing the photo shoot result.
Sxxx

Al said...

How exciting your sister coming over again, I remember she came over the same time last year, just as all the parties began!! I'm seeing mine this weekend, it's lovely to catch up face to face isn't it, I haven't seen my lickle sis since Jack's birthday party last year, so 13 months which is the longest we have ever gone!.

See you tomorrow (and Kirsti too) at Olivia's party in the park, I just hope to god it doesn't rain again!

Know what you mean bout the photos, we did the venture shoot and spent over 2k, great pics, but Stephen's Egg card nearly burned a whole in his wallett after we had paid for them!!

Alx