Sunday, July 17, 2011

195/365

195/365 by sally_re
195/365, a photo by sally_re on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
Book club! And we went to the rather lovely North Pole in Greenwich (as Penny had a taste card it was 50% off)

Had the most delectable scallops to start, and then very pink lamb chump for main. Utter yumminess.

The puddings were disappointing and I didn't want one anyway so I ordered a calvados. Now I don't really like alcohol - especially not hard liquor.....but I've ALWAYS wanted to drink Brandy because I love swirling the glass around. It's so pretty and sophisticated.....

And I thought Calvados might taste more like apple juice than alcohol.

Erm....NO! It was so strong I could barely sip it. Luckily my friend Liz was happy to drink it for me after letting me play at swirling it round the glass......

No comments: