Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Toby the bloater...

Tobes was three months old yesterday (blimey where did that go...) and so today I trundled off to baby clinic - to think that I used to go practically every week with Oz - anyway - he had his jabs and was immensley brave - didn't even whimper! He made more fuss about lying on the weighing scale.....

He's 16lbs 13 oz!!! On the 98th Centile! I compared him with Oscar and Oz wasn't that heavy until 25 weeks....so he's ahead of his bro in one thing....pure lard!

I know I'm not overfeeding him - supposedly you can't over-feed a breastfed baby and if you do feed too often, they just poo more. Toby currently poos once a week (sorry if tmi) so he's absorbing every drop almost. Of course when he does poo it's quite copious (again tmi).

He's just a big boy. Rob was a fat baby. I was a skinny baby. I became fat from 9 onwards...Rob got skinnier.....hmmmm. Oz is currently a long skinny boy - his trousers always fall down cos to get the length we need, the waist is always way too big. Toby is a little buddha.

I'm a porker myself (especially so at the moment...baaaad sally has put weight on again since birthing and I'm really pissed off about it - but comfort eating is my only...well...comfort at the moment so I'm trying to be better but slipping a lot - another post I think). Rob is tall and getting skinnier as he cycles to work. I wonder what shape our boys will end up....

We all just sat down together and ate dinner which is rare - it's because Rob is off work so I could get it all ready while he looked out for the boys, and we all ate at 6 which I really liked. Sausage, mash and courgettes. Not exactly low fat.....ah well. At least I'm eating before 8.30pm so I'm actually going to go to bed at the same time as the kids - I'm shattered.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

woah! That's a big boy! Jaya was on the 98th centile at that sort of age too though and is now a long skinny thing so you may be right about him heading that way. Kudos to you for your gold top milk :)

Bobbie said...

Don't you find time is going so much more quickly than the first time??! Zach was 5 months yesterday - eek! Wow to the Tobester's weight!! We've gone the opposite way - Nic was a big, fat pud in comparison to her lithe brother who managed to lose a bit of weight last time I weighed him (amazing that we used to do it ever week!!!). Yay to having dinner together. xx

Sam said...

Flipping eck Sally, 3 months old?! I can't believe where the time is flying, but all these newborns are suddenly growing up and my expanding waistline is threatening to produce another one shortly too! I'm sure I'll be in the same boat as you - no longer having a spare moment to pop to the weigh-in clinic every week! It sounds like Toby is doing an excellent job - more weight now makes for a healthy baby with *fingers crossed* fewer colds to deal with. LJ was consistently on the 91st centile thru BF, I'm sure the fuss about changing the centile charts for FF and BF babies won't make too much difference - our lil lads would be off the scale! Hehe!

Anonymous said...

wow!!!!

tell him to send some up here to miss bliss!


xxx

Sasha said...

Oooooohhhh, the 3 month mark is one of my fav as they are really really getting their little personalities! Wow to Tobes weight! No idea what Tills is now. But not much more than that that and she is over 7 months!
Yummy to sausage and mash. One of my fav dinners. With lashings of onion gravy.....mmmmmmmm, may have to have it for dinner tonight!
We very very rarely eat as a family for dinner as Justin is back at 630pm and the kids have been bathed by then. Really wish we could as I love it when we do.
God I am waffling!
Sx

Annie said...

Oh My! I don't think Ella is even that big yet and she's 8 months... But then again, I gave my children pee-wee genetics.

Glad he was such a trooper and doing so well!