Sunday, April 01, 2007

Nice weekend

...for a change! Spent yesterday in Bromley in the morning eating sausages for lunch and buying stickers for Oscar. In the afternoon I "escaped" for an hour and did the shopping. How sad is my life (I'm sure I've said this before) that an hours peace in the supermarket is a treat? When doing the weekly shop used to be a chore....

Today we took Toby for his first ever swim! (I would have taken pics but we aren't allowed) They've opened a new leisure centre just up the road and it's amazing - it has a library in it and best of all, a Costa Coffee! So we all went in the pool - put Toby in a little inflatable seat - Oz in armbands. We had a blast. I got out early and had a coffee and Toby had a boob. Then we went to MaccyD's for lunch (such a good mother am I). Spent the afternoon at a friends house.

I feel remarkably relaxed for a sunday evening! Had a rough night with Tobes on Friday - from 9.30 till 1 am he wouldn't settle. I ended up in tears. But on Saturday morning I went back to bed for a couple of hours before we went to Bromley so that was cool. Last night he was great - went from 7.30 till 1 (might have something to do with the medised I gave him as his nose was so bunged up - which was the problem on Friday night). He then woke at 3 then at 6 but that was Ok - we'd both had a chunk of sleep.

He's started with real tears today - they kill you don't they - somehow eye moisture wrenches at your heart more than just wailing!

Oz's nursery is shut this coming week for Easter. Normally that would send me into a jibbering puddle of doom and dread....but Rob has the week off!! HOORAH! Or I really couldn't have coped and would have ended up in the Priory. No idea what we'll do as cos the schools are off, all my usual haunts will be full of big kids. Definitely visit the pool again. I'll keep you posted.

But I'm feeling quite chirpy at the moment and I'm determined to record it instead of just the negatives!

PS - Ursula - nice recommendation of Chardonnay. I do like Chardonnay now! I'm turning into an alky! (It takes me 3 nights to get through a bottle - if that changes I'll panic!)

5 comments:

Clare Griffiths said...

Still on for coffee on Tues?

Dixie said...

Glad you've had some lovely things happen for you these days!

EG said...

Ooh yay to chunks of sleep, they make the world of difference don't they! Good on you for going swimming, I'm ashamed to say Jade and Joe have only ever been in SIL's pool, so I really should get my finger out (and my swimming cossie)!
Hope you manage to do loads of nice things with Rob being off, even if you don't get out anywhere in particular, at least you'll have the luxury of having someone about to keep an eye on the boys for a while so you get some shut eye - make the most of it. Sending you loads of Easter love and hugs! Ess. x

Bobbie said...

That sounds like a fab w/e. Well done the Tobester on the nice long sleep - hope it continues. yay to Rob being off for the week - hope you all have a ball. x

Anonymous said...

Hurray for the chunk of sleep on Saturday morning and a happy weekend. Glad you liked the vino plonko!! Have a wonderful family week :-) Uxx