Monday, April 16, 2007

Guess what....

I'm going to Leeds on Sunday! It's a bit of a long story....but also a quick one...I'll explain.

Mum rang me yesterday and told me there was a piece in the Sunday Times about the Used Car Roadshow - a tv programme that helps you find a used car. My Volvo is due for it's MOT tomorrow and I've been asking Mum since I was pregnant with Toby if she'd lend us the money to buy a decent people mover. She's always said no - make do with the Volvo - it's knackered but it works. However it's too small, too low for us tall folks and hasn't got things like central locking or electric windows which I used to think were luxuries but actually make life with kids easier.

But she suggested I write to the show - they're looking for buyers. They don't buy the car for you - you specify the budget and stuff....and they won't sell your current car for you - they just find, with the help of the expert Jason, cars for you to buy. You don't HAVE to buy the one they find but I think you'd be nuts not to! It'll be checked and will probably be a great bargain.
So I shot an email off - thinking nothing of it....they rang me today and interviewed me over the phone. We're off to Leeds on Sunday to film!!! How funny is that! They find me 3 cars to my spec, I choose 2 to test drive (on camera - eek!) and then decide if I want to buy one.


So I specified a people mover, automatic, with central locking. They asked me for funny driving stories so I will embarrass myself by admitting I've ripped the bumper off the Volvo twice while trying to reverse...i can't reverse to save my life.

If anyone wants to come and watch the taping.....you can email them from the website. We're filming the Sunday afternoon show (they do one in the morning and one in the afternoon).

I've got to take Toby with me obviously cos I'm breastfeeding but they're paying for me plus one - so my sister who is conveniently arriving on Thursday will come with me! It will be a long day but it will be a laugh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats honey - can't wait to see the new car! xxx Pearl

Dixie said...

This sounds like a hoot! Can't wait to hear about how it all turns out.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! So wish I could see it!

Jess said...

That is exactly what I need! The thought of making a decision about a car always terrifies me - I know next to nothing about them. How great that you have that part taken care of. I hope they find a good one for ya.