Monday, December 11, 2006

The new bathroom - DAY 1

NOT a great day. Waited in for the builders to arrive - I was expecting them at 8am - they got here at 11 - by which time Oscar was literally bouncing off the walls - I usually go out with him by 9 on a Monday and he had a ton of energy.

Drove to Bromley with the idea of leaving Oscar to play happily in the creche while I did some christmas shopping via Starbucks for an eggnog latte.....no luck. ALL the car parks were full! On a Monday at 11.15am? And schools still running? NO idea why. So I drove around or rather got stuck in lots of traffic...and Oscar fell asleep. Bugger.

So it's 11.30 - I think - drive to Mum's - put Oscar down there like I planned and have a nap myself (didn't sleep well last night) then go out earlier this afternoon - we'd planned to meet friends at the museum. Got to Mum's. Carried Oscar up 2 flights of stairs which hurt. As soon as I laid him down - he woke up. And wouldn't go back to sleep. Goodbye naptime for both of us and I REALLY needed one.

45 minutes later I gave up. Put him back in the car and drove to Gambado - the soft play place. He was so tired but refused to sleep. Had about 8 tantrums. Pushed and slapped some other children. Slapped me.

At 3.15 I drove to Mums again to pick up something I'd forgotten and ended up in tears because I couldn't park properly - yes I was just as overtired as the 2 year old - and hormonal!

So my angel mother put me to bed and entertained the child for an hour. We drove home to find out portaloo installed and my bathroom gutted. They did so much in one day - makes me hopeful...

I haven't been brave enough to use it yet. It's in the front garden - yes - on the main road - they couldn't get it in the back.....

I've bought some air freshener - one of those fan ones - to keep it "fresh". How fresh is a chemical toilet...*shudder*. Rob has used it - said it wasn't too bad....

Confession - I've bought a bucket for the night-time (though god knows the logistics of that one - can't exactly sit on it at 8 months pregnant). Oh god. The glamour. It will all be worth it....I hope!

On the upside - Mum came up with the idea of funky flooring - so I'm getting tiles from Harvey Maria - click on the lifestyle range -we're going for water.....so the bathroom itself is pure white tile and the suite is white....with that floor. I think it will look amazing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those tiles are ace!! Fingers crossed the bathroom is sorted pronto!!
Sorry you had a stressy day. Jack is Mr excess energy and grumpiness atm. Fingers crossed you have a good day tomorrow.
LMAO at the bucket!!
Nic
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my days!!!! I was going to say pmsl but in the circumstances...

Anonymous said...

I'll beep if I drive past your house!! We're having our bathroom done in January & I'm dreading it, but at least I'll only be 5 months pregnant! Hope they get it all finished quickly for you.

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for buckets - I was going to suggest you get on - or a commode! Needs must when you are preggy darlin! I think, before I give birth, there will be a bucket in the bedroom as its getting harder and harder to get downstairs in the middle of the night...

The tiles are beautiful, I want something funky for the kitchen but that seems a long way off now!

Glad you got some sleep. Sorry Oz was off on one

xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Sal, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tile. :) Verah cute!

Beege said...

Very cool tile!

I like the "stone", too.

I might have to travel all the way to London, just so I can walk on water in your loo. ;)