Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's Oh So Quiet...shhhh shhhhh

Morning! It's twenty past six in the morning and the house is sooo quiet and lovely. I'm wide awake and thought instead of lying very uncomfortably in bed, I'd come downstairs and have some tea....and catch up on everything.

It's Day ?..of the builders being here....erm...I can't count cos my brain isn't working - but the builders have been in over a week now. The portaloo is still in place but we're hoping to have the toilet back in on Thursday. The house is covered in dust. I've been having to go out all day, every day. The bath is in, the tiles are nearly done, the floor (amazing floor) is down....we're getting there. It'll be worth it...but I'm fed up of peeing in a bucket.

Sunday - my in-laws came to visit. They have only been once since Oscar was born so last time they saw him, he was a baby in arms (Rob isn't very close to his family). It was an utter joy to see how enchanted they were by their grandson. I hope we'll see them more now....

My sister and her partner Terry arrived on Monday - oh happy day - as did my Dad. Oscar thinks it's Christmas already. with all this family! On Monday I had to drag him to the car to bring him home at the end of the day - he didn't want to leave!

My sis brought me a suitcase full of goodies from America - some I can have now, some for post-nondiabetic me. And some beautiful things for the baby - little fleecy babygrows with zips up the front not poppers - SO much easier - why don't they do them in England....?

Yesterday Oz was at nursery - I took Rob to take his driving theory test in the morning - he passed! Now he promised, before the baby came, to learn to drive and give up smoking. Has he? Has he hell. The only reason he did his theory test is because I booked it for him. He's yet to have a single lesson in a car. But he passed! So that's something. I'm taking bets on whether or not he'll have to take it again before his driving test as I think he's only got 2 years before it runs out.....

K and Terry (bless their hearts) came over after lunch to help me tidy the house. I say help. I lay on the bed and directed really. I had braxtonhicks all day yesterday - in fact got a bit worried at one point that I might be going into labour! Not comfortable. I didn't have BH with Oscar - certainly not like this. I didn't think you got them in second pregnancies....or maybe it's because of my caesarian scar - I feel them more.....they eased eventually.

In the afternoon it was Oscar's carol concert. His first public performance - my first of many moments sitting in an audience on a chair that's made for a 2 year old, grinning my head off. He was the kid (there's always one) that wouldn't sit down - kept coming for a cuddle between songs then sitting back down again...led the applause at the end of each song (he loves to clap) and didn't sing much but when he did was the loudest. Terry took some footage - I'll make sure I post it when I can - it was tooooo cute!

Mum bought us all sushi dinner (I know you shouldn't when you're pregnant but I don't care) so we feasted on salmon and tempura handrolls and maki and edamame and it was yum.

Today Oscar's being allowed to bunk off school as the aunties want to take him to see Santa - we haven't done that this year yet. He's awake now - it's 6.40...peace shattered. But I got to write up my last few days.

I haven't been commenting on everyone's blogs but I'm reading and sending love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was such a lovely blog Sal - just so yummy and Christmassy!! Have a really wonderful time with all your family:-) yes please to the footage of Oz at the Carol Concert!!!!! lots of love Uxxx

EG said...

Ooh how exciting getting a new bathroom, you MUST post some piccies onto your blog! How lovely to have all your family about for crimbo, Oz will have a ball... Finally WELL DONE ROB! Now go and have some lessons! ;o) Loads of love and christmassy hugs, Ess. x

So long, farewell! said...

Glad the end is in sight bathroom wise and hurrah for Bert passing his theory - our chaps are both one step closer!

Can't wait to see the footage of the carol concert.

Give my love to Kirsti - did she bring Skippy???!!! :D

xxx