Wednesday, May 10, 2006

You'll NEVER believe this

cos I almost don't. I've heard of deja vue but this is ridiculous. Wednesday - Monkey Music - lovely morning - sun shining - great lesson plan - playing drums to soul bossanova by Quincy Jones.

One of the mums paid for her term's fees in cash which I don't much like as I have to write MM HQ a cheque - but that was ok. I was packing up at the end of the morning - put the £81 in my purse. Loaded the car. Drove to pick up Oz. Went to get parking money out of my purse....

You guessed it. Gone.

AGAIN!

Drove back to the church. Not there. Took EVERYTHING out of my car. Not there. Unpacked all the music boxes. Not in there. Burst into tears - more because I'd lost £81 and I couldn't afford to replace it. Drove to my Mum's - cried some more while she took my car apart looking - I nearly rang Moxie but was too upset. Mum told me not to think about the money - she'd give it to me - bless her heart - and she even gave me an old purse of hers that was almost identical.

Picked up a very tired Oscar! Came home - stressed and emotional. I couldn't believe I'd done it again - on the same day as last time - same place - same "no idea where I could have lost it!"

At 5pm my phone rang. It was the office. One of the nannies from my last class had found it on the floor in the car park and had kept it for me.

I'd cancelled my cards (AGAIN for no reason) but I've got the money back.

I know I said this before but I SWEAR I'm going to be more careful. Luckily the amazingly compact Wonderbag I won from Lesley on Ebay arrived today. I'm going to ensure my purse is in there and it goes across my body so I can still carry the instruments.


Either that or I'm leaving my sodding purse behind next Wednesday......

7 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Darlin - big hugs. What is going on with you and that purse? I'd buy a new one if I were you as it sounds like the universe just doesn't want you to have it...

I know - buy a bum bag :o) Legwarmers too and you can start an 80's retro trend...

So long, farewell! said...

...or a neck purse! Bring back the 70's!

EG said...

Hey Moxie I used to have one of those, with a blue and white cord, and it had my name on it!

Sall, I'm glad you won the wonderbag, I missed one of the auctions ending today :(

E. x

Nic said...

Leav it at home next Wednesday, Sal, then you can't loose it. I hope tomorrow is better for you.
Nic
xx

Dixie said...

Poor thing...you must have been frantic!

I have a bag that's similar to a Wonderbag and I'm very happy with it. It's not the most glamorous looking bag but when your hands are full and you're trying to jump on a train or tram, it's a blessing to have it secure over your body.

Annie said...

Aw, Sal, sorry you had that stress! I'm so glad an honest person found it though. I had a similar experience in February. Lost my wallet (left it on top of my car at a gas station, DUH!) and some honest person found it and not only returned it but hunted down my phone number to call me no less... all that and it was in Los Angeles!

hope the rest of your day was betetr!

Clare said...

Sal, you're not up the duff or summat are you??? Eh???? So glad your purse was found but what a bummer, unnecessary stress for you.