Sunday, May 28, 2006

Live From The Motor City….

I’m here! The flight was awful – totally full though I played the sympathy card and got to keep my buggy on board in an overhead locker. Oz only slept for about an hour, three hours into the flight. And then that was it. There was a lot of turbulence which meant he had to sit on my lap – not fun. He could have been a lot worse...but he could have been a lot better if you know what I mean! There were some other kids sitting next to us - a 4 yr old and a 16 month old - who had great fun playing with eachother and Oz - and we also managed to charm a little old lady who has 8 great grandchildren and kept cuddling Oscar and singing him lullabies in an effort to make him sleep - it didn't work but it was lovely of her.

So all in all – as bad as I thought it would be but hey – I’m here now. Oz was very excited –I thought he might sleep in the car on the way to K’s house but he was wide awake pointing out trucks and cars and singing The Grand Old Duke Of York!

K has got loads of really fab toys in for him – so he had about half an hour manically running around playing – not interested in eating. Then bath, bed and he went down without a murmur.

I am very sleepy – feel like I’m on a boat – a bit woozy. Am going to eat some crab Rangoon (dumplings from the local Chinese takeway that I got hooked on last visit) and then crash. Just wanted you to know I’m here, I survived the flight and can’t wait to get on with having fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I hate to hear that your flight sucked, but I'm so glad you're stateside!

Is the Grand Old Duke of York that fellow who had ten thousand men. And when he marched them up the hill, they marched back down again? Because if he is, you've got to promise you'll sing it to her. We weren't familiar with the song until recently. My mom got her a book that plays the song and she adores it.

EG said...

Hiya Sall, poo to having a crap time on the flight, but have loads and loads of fun, especially having your pamper at the hairdressers, you lucky thing! Give Oz a big us, especially Jade! Big mwahs to you!
E. x

So long, farewell! said...

Glad you got their in one piece darlin and that the flight wasn't too bad.

Have a great time and see you soon

xxx

Kristina said...

Welcome back to the States! :)

I hope the flight back is better! Have fun...