Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Lovely lovely lovely weekend


Sorry I didn't post yesterday - was too tired! Exhausting but lovely weekend. Here's a potted history...

Got there on Friday about 3pm which was what I hoped for. I don't know what I was thinking when I packed but when I unpacked I had only brought 1 pair of shoes (thong sandals) and 3 tops - 2 of which were vest tops. Oscar had enough clothes for a week!! We spent Friday afternoon exploring - on the bikes - Oz LOVED being on the back of Rob's bike <-




Saturday morning Oz was in the creche - Rob and I had leisurely strolls round the village then hired a rowing boat for half an hour - the last time Rob rowed me round a lake was on our honeymoon so it was lovely. Though he was CRAP at it!! We swopped half way round the lake and I was much better than he was! Though we both had the problem of one arm stronger than the other so we went round in circles a lot. It was still a great laugh for both of us - can't imagine what it would have been like if Oz had been in the boat - pandemonium!

Saturday afternoon we were in the pool - so much fun - Oscar was in heaven - they provide these little yellow lifejackets so he was really bouyant - there's an area where there are light currents that sweep you round in a big circle - he loved it - held on to my fingertips and Rob's so was floating between us kicking his legs. I got a disposable underwater camera so will post pics of us in the pool when I've got it developed and scanned (probably next year then)





He went down like a dream every night - exhausted! And slept for 2 hours minimum each lunchtime - and we ended up sleeping too! I certainly did and on Sunday Rob did too. Very relaxing. All that bike riding and swimming knackers us out!


Sunday morning we went for a jazz brunch at the diner - it was so yummy - TONS of food and a live trad jazz band - Oscar was transfixed - first by the band,
then by the chocolate fountain - he ate 10 chocolate covered strawberries!


He fell asleep on the back of the bike on the way back to the villa! Bless!

Monday morning we were packed and out and in the pool by 10am! Met up with some friends who were starting their holiday there that day for lunch. Drove home in record time.

So a great family weekend break - highly recommend Centre Parcs to anyone. We last went when Oz was 4 months old and it was lovely but it was SO much better now he's old enough to appreciate it - there are lots of playgrounds and indoor play areas - he had such fun.

I'm so tired I'm off to bed early. Here's my fave pic of Oscar taken this weekend

8 comments:

EG said...

Wow you packed loads in, no wonder you're knackered! So glad Oz liked it - we might consider it for next year!

E. x

Dixie said...

Oh that sounds like it was such a fun weekend for you! You really, really needed that fun family time!

Jess said...

Love the pics. The one of Rob cracks me up.

Clare said...

Ooooooo, now I'm excited cos we are going to Center Parcs in France for our hols in July, it looks and sounds like so much fun!
PS Is it ok that I really laughed about Rob's (lack of) rowing prowess?!

Nic said...

Looks like you had a great time, Sally. We went to Centre Parcs when I was little and I loved it.
The pics are great, especially the one of Rob and Oscar asleep on the bike.
Nic
xx

Oh, keep forgetting to say that I've changed my blog address slightly. Its... http://wilbertandherma.blogspot.com/

Sam said...

Aww, what a fun packed holiday! I love the baby bike seats, I've been meaning to get round to buying one (but need to practice cycling on my own again first, not done it for about 10 yrs eek!) PMSL at Rob's expression when rowing, bet you were cracked up! And GO OZ GO OZ! 10 choccy strawberries? You lucky lil guy!

Unknown said...

Aah, Im quite jealous I must admit. We had a fab time there last year meeting Jode but I can see it would be even more so with Sylvie being that little bit older. LOVE the photo of Rob rowing, pmsl! Arent there any of you though missus?? Or are you like me on hols and hogging the camera? Jim wouldnt take a single photo of I didnt!

Kristina said...

He's too cute! I love that hair!