Sunday, November 26, 2006

Wassup!

Again apologies for the lack of updating. Good job I didn't sign up for NaBloPoMo as I'd have failed miserably (unlike the amazing Poppy who is doing a rockin job)

What can I say - no excuse apart from sitting at the puter is becoming increasingly uncomfortable. Bump is getting bigger. Blood sugar is better but not under control - it looks like I have to go on daytime injections - but it means I can ease up a bit on the diet and also eat a decent christmas dinner (I can inject extra just before so I can have what I want!). I'm seeing the diabetologist this Friday so will let you know. I'm resigned to it now. My daytime levels are ok but I'm having to take a ton of insulin at night and it still isn't stopping my morning sugar from being high - so maybe a dose during the day will ease it. My body seems to be very insulin resistant!

Baby is kicking me to hell - he seems SO much more active than Oz was (or maybe I've forgotten). An unbroken night's sleep is a thing of the past but that's to be expected at this stage....I'm in the home stretch.

Been very blue today for no apparent reason. Luckily an eggnog latte made me cheer up a bit. Oscar had a kiddie hot chocolate in a very cute mini-Starbucks mug. I stole it. I'm not proud. Well no actually I am cos it was bloody expensive for a small cold hot chocolate. And I'm pregnant and not responsible for my actions. So ya boo sucks. I don't care.

Yesterday I did a photoshoot for my business partner Julie - she's starting a branch of FAB - Fashion After Birth - which is bespoke tailored jeans. So she wanted to shoot all shapes and sizes in jeans. Another pregnant chum from our mummy gang came with me and we tootled to Tooting and had lots of pics taken. Julie has promised to send me them asap. I had a wig on! My hair is so blah at the moment - and I've had this wig for YEARS - bought it on a whim on Ebay of all places. The photographer didn't realise until I whipped it off at the end so it can't have looked bad. The other models were all skinny and gorgeous - I was the plus-sized maternity model. And will be the plus-sized sample for Julie once I've birthed. It was good fun - everyone else was doing sexy moody shots to camera but the photographer said I looked cheeky so I was grinning and being silly. We were all in white vests and jeans and then jeans and black bras! And then the non-preggy ones did jeans and hands over boobs. They looked great so I'll post some as soon as I get them. Note for future model mummies - St Laurent's Touche Eclat does not work on stretch marks.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are okay petal. I can never get the hang of Touche Eclat - in fact there is a draft post in my blog going WTF is it with this stuff? Why do people rave so? How come I can't apply it properly cos it just makes me look old with dry skin... etc.

Am jealous of your jeans modelling - if she wants another plus sizer let me know... still not sure on the whole After Birth theme though... placenta earrings and a matching belt anyone?

Dixie said...

I'll bet you were the most gorgeous one at the shoot!

Anonymous said...

PS - Forgot to say - I did some hand over boobies shots today for belly shots - they didn't turn out very glam though!

xxx

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh eat your heart out Demi Moore! Bet you look fab....so jealous, would love bump shots like that, what a memento. Am photo phobic though!!!!
Lol at the Starbucks cup.......when I was at Raffles with my sister these heartbreakingly cute sushi glass , Raffles engraved, dishes accidently fell into our bags.......(along with a dinner plate, side plate and bowl.....I kid you not!)Anna is out for Christmas....wonder if we can complete the set!!!!
Tummy tickles me love
Sxxxx

Anonymous said...

Molton Brown's grapeseed oil works wonders on stretch marks (actually getting rid of them) but they've discontinued it!!!! But grapeseed oil is definitely good.

xxx Pearl

Anonymous said...

YAY to modelling and double YAY to stealing that mug!!!!! That is SO the sort of thing I would do - I am VERY proud of you!!!!