Sunday, November 19, 2006

That nesting instinct...

has kicked in already! I'm 31 weeks now - don't remember when it happened last time. We were doing our usual Sunday afternoon clean up - Rob tends to do most of it - when I was gripped with cleaning mania. Starting clearing surfaces....wiping down cupboards...I even cleaned and reorganised my fricking spice rack....

I just couldn't stop! I kept seeing things that needed doing. I just finished cleaning the counter when I decided to de-crumb the toaster - which meant I had to clean the counter again. I was like an OCD person!

I finally stopped - my back was killing me and I felt a bit faint! I had forgotten that irrational urge....as those of you who know me well (especially Mox who has lived with me) will know...i'm not a tidy person. I don't mean you could nominate me for How Clean Is Your House (not these days anyway) but i usually do a good surface job and pile clutter all over the place....

Blimey. One good thing about pregnancy eh - my kitchen is gleaming......

I'm off to bed but will try and clean my teeth without looking at how dirty my bathroom is or I'll ever get to sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs OCD :o)

You can come and do mine as it's a sty and I have no nesting urges as I can't even sodding bend...

Hope you are doing okay - will try and call in the week, meant to last week but rain stopped play...

xxx
P.S Xebcix, I like it... :oP

Clare said...

I was going to say I'll send you my address as I don't "do" nesting LOL! I am having a slight panic about homebirth and messy house.......
Cannot believe your are already 31 weeks, WOW!