Sunday, July 02, 2006

Ego happily massaged

Thank you for the lovely replies to my questions! There was me getting worried - instead I'm all smiley.

How was your weekend? Hot? It's been ROASTING here in London. Yesterday we had an abortive attempt to visit Kew Gardens - had free tickets from a friend. After 2 hours on the South Circular we gave up and ended up on Clapham Common - Oz totally lost the plot - the car was like a sauna and I was fed up - took 50 minutes to drive from Clapham Common to Wandsworth - 5 minutes down the road normally - the traffic was crawling....I think people were going to Wimbledon. Nightmare.

Today I went for a picnic with mums I met at a GP postnatal group - we've all made sure we kept in touch and today was the first time we'd got together with all the kids (we usually go out in the evenings). It was manic of course - with 7 nearly 2 year olds running rampant. Oz had a huge temper tantrum on the way there. And a few while we were there. There were plenty of time outs and mums running round shouting "no!". But it was lovely. LOADS of food - I had a day off from low GI and ate a scone with clotted cream and jam....yum. I also ate protein! And I made brown rice salad - it's SO easy - fry a load of onions until brown and caramelised. Boil some brown rice. Combine the two and add loads of soy sauce (I use the low salt one - it tastes the same). Add chopped parsley and Robert is your mother's brother. Yummy and cheap and easy.

I think I got sunburnt - even though I had factor 45 on. Hope Oscar didn't. He spent most of the afternoon stealing footballs from other families and joining in their game. He's a right dribbler - much to my dismay. The boy loves his ball.....

I'm continuing to have serious lime cravings. I bought some lime essential oil as my sense of smell is so strong and that's the only smell I want at the moment. I have lime shower gel. And I bought some lime cordial and have been swigging that. I'm lime crazy! I don't remember having such strong cravings with Oscar - and so changeable - from being desperate for chai tea, I now don't want it at all - so maybe next week lime will be anathema....

Bonkers!

3 comments:

EG said...

Hello you! Is it the Natural Source shower gel you have? I bought a bottle of that before I was pg with Jadeybabes, and the look of it made me feel sick, it looks like snot! Oz sounds just like Joe is being at the moment, fingers crossed it IS just a phase!

Oh and Robert is actually my Dad's brother!

Ess. x

Clare said...

Oooooh, limeade was my major craving with Nia (#1), I wonder if you are having a pink bundle???

So long, farewell! said...

Put the lime in the coke u nut...

Sorry Oz had a freak out. I'll go with you to Kew and you can leave him home with Rob :o)

Sorry I made you wee wee, or rather sorry CF made you wee wee. He is a bad man...