Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Afternoon off

My lovely lovely mother has taken Oscar off my hands this afternoon for 3 hours. Bliss! I've just had a long shower. I've bought a tub of Ben & Jerry's (not very low GI but I've been so good...and at this stage of the pregnancy, I don't think it'll kill me). I've got some housework to do but I'll do it leisurely without having to chase insane toddler boy around.

All is well here. One of my Monkey Music mums commented that I was amazing because I was losing weight while pregnant - which made me feel good. My childminder said I was "glowing" today (though that might have been the heat!). I'm feeling good. Got another wierd craving. Salad Cream. Man, I can't get enough of it. The other night - spaghetti bolognaise - I smothered it in Salad Cream. Last night - lamb chops, chick peas and broccoli - you couldn't see what food was which as it was all covered in white gloop. It's bonkers! I had nothing like this with Oscar. It seems to be tangy things - lime - salad cream....mad....

Right - I'm off to leisurely put the washing on and eat a scotch egg with....you guessed it....SC....

5 comments:

Dixie said...

Spag bog and salad cream. I have offically heard it all!

Clare said...

OMG Sally, I can't get enough salad cream either. Gotta be Heinz Light though! I was the same when I was having Gabriel, had to have cheese and salad cream every single day. Isn't pregnancy weird??!!!!
How fab for people to make such lovely comments, you MUST be looking gorge :)

Are you going to find out the sex at your scan?

So long, farewell! said...

Glad you had a nice afternoon off you glowy mama you!

Way to go on the cravings - salad cream and spag bog... bonkers!

xxx

Jess said...

Okay, I'm going to ask - what on earth is salad cream? I'm imagining a lot of different things.

Sam said...

How did the Ben & Jerrys go down Sal? Please don't tell me that you crucified that with SC too?! With me it was Picallili, mainly on cheese sarnies but the tangier and more vinegary the better! Great to hear that you're feeling so good anyway & that you had a few hours of 'me' time even if it was just to do the chores xxx