Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I feel I also ought to talk on this blog!

And not just post Photo of the Day on it...I'm quite impressed with myself that I've managed to keep up with this for 19 days. It's becoming quite addictive. Thanks to my lovely sis and sis in law who bought me a camera for Christmas, I've decided officially that I have a photography hobby now. I'm learning from the wonderful Clare who is quite the amateur photographer herself...

And I'm starting to look at things, frame them, play with them. I am learning about filters, cross processing, filters, lomo, bokeh...all that new stuff. I'm also now jonesing for a real camera with a big fat lense I can twiddle with. Danger....danger....

But in the meantime my little steadyshot Sony Cyber-Shot is amazingly clever. And takes fab pics. It's been quite hard to limit myself to one! But I'm going to share this one as well as the PAD - I think it's the best picture I've ever taken. I had a cup of green tea at Yo! last night and was messing around trying to get the light above the conveyor reflected in the tea. And I noticed it was heart shaped. It was very hard to get it right but I managed to catch it. And I've just put a green tinge overlay on this - the photo is exactly how I took it - didn't mess with the heart at all. I'm inordinately proud of it.

Ok I'm a photo bore. In other news.....had an ingrowing toenail removed on Monday (aren't you wanting me to talk photos again now). My ankle is still buggered. And now the arthritis is kicking in again - so technically if the op had gone swimmingly and I had not got a virulent non healing infected wound, I would have had 6 months of pain free ankle. Instead I've had muscle and infection pain for 6 months on a daily constant and now the bone drilling arthritis is back.

I'm feeling quite happy though. Have started a new book club with a gang of Catford Mums. Am enjoying my friends and cherishing them. I'm 11lbs lighter than I was 2 months ago. Oscar is being amazing at school - writing up a storm. He has his exam for Eltham at the end of the month and I'll be angsting until then about whether or not to send him. Ideally they'll reject him and I won't have to make that decision. But then again how dare they reject my amazing son? I'm so Natalied about it (torn....natalie imbruglia...geddit?).

Toby is occasionally nightmarish but usually much more reasonable. I did youtube a tantrum of his - I won't share it again as it's bloody loud but if you search Youtube you can find it.

I'll be 40 in a few months. And I'm not actually that worried about it.....

No comments: