Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My new theme song....

I caught the legend that is Cleo Laine singing this song on Paul o Grady last week - and loved it. I couldn't get her version on ITunes, even though as she was adamant to point out on the show, she was the first to record it. I have Diana Krall's version instead.....here are the lyrics - it's how I feel at the moment! (apart from the non PETA friendly fur references of course)

Peel me a grape, crush me some ice
Skin me a peach, save the fuzz for my pillow
Talk to me nice, talk to me nice
Youve got to wine and dine me

Dont try to fool me bejewel me
Either amuse me or lose me
Im getting hungry, peel me a grape

Pop me a cork, french me a fry
Crack me a nut, bring a bowl full of bon-bons
Chill me some wine, keep standing by
Just entertain me, champagne me
Show me you love me, kid glove me
Best way to cheer me, cashmere me
Im getting hungry, peel me grape

Heres how to be an agreeable chap
Love me and leave me in luxurys lap
Hop when I holler, skip when I snap
When I say, do it, jump to it

Send out for scotch, call me a cab
Cut me a rose, make my tea with the petals
Just hang around, pick up the tab
Never out think me, just mink me
Polar bear rug me, dont bug me
New thunderbird me, you heard me
Im getting hungry, peel me a grape

Ah to have a personal slave......

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

Start counting the days til I arrive... I'll practice my grape-peeling skills in the meantime!