Sunday, April 13, 2008

Toby news

I feel very bad that I haven't been blogging. Don't seem to have time these days! Or energy. Toby is officially awake every morning at 6.15 at the latest. Even though I go to bed early, evenings are spent cooking, eating, watching House on Sky+ and then sleeping.

So where are we with Toby. Oz by the way is his usual ebullient self - but Toby is making milestones and I feel I should record them. He's walking. Has been for about a week and every day is upright more than on all fours. He walks like he's drunk with his legs wide apart and topples over occasionally. Can't stand up again without a wall or something to help him. But give him another week and I'm sure he'll get it. It's so adorable I must film it.

He has been non breastfed now for about a month and hasn't tried to feed at all - SO much easier than I ever imagined it would be. His new bedtime routine revolves firmly around his 3 favourite books. After bath or flannel wash he is put in his pjs and sleeping bag by his Dad and sat on my lap in the rocking chair. He then reaches over to the table and chooses his first book - usually this oneHe loves to poke his fingers in the holes.

Then he chooses this one
It's an american book my sister gave him for Christmas and it includes a squeaky mouse that you have to whack - he loves it!

Finally his ultimate favouriteThere are certain sound effects he expects - roaring for the lion, oo oo sounds for the monkey and ribbits for the frog - he turns the page, lifts the flap then looks at me expectantly until I make said noise. He's very particular!

He's teething a lot and is in pain so he's quite grumpy unless medicated. But the cute little boy comes out sometimes. He's into EVERYTHING - can't turn your back on him for a moment as you can see. He climbs, explores, opens (especially the dishwasher and washing machine), unpacks (especially the washing machine and dishwasher), demolishes and can reach things on the table and counter. He's exhausting. And with Oz being off preschool for 2 weeks holiday I'm shattered.

This is the laundry basket he's climbing into btw....

But he's really developing a personality. A stubborn, inquisitive, fearless one!

And although Oz still bashes him sometimes, they do play together now quite a bit. And make eachother laugh - especially in the bath.
Here they are last weekend when we had a ton of snow out of nowhere. I can't believe my little baby has gone really now - he's definitely a toddler. Bye bye baby........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw how did that happen! What a lovely little boy :)
Great to see him with his brother too, they make a gorgeous pair, bet it makes your heart swell when they play together.
Nice books too, great to see another wonderful mum fostering a love of books :D

Clover said...

How fun Sal! It's unreal to me how fast these babies are growing up. I'm glad to hear that the weaning went Ok. I'm starting to think about that more and more...

Peekabo kisses is one of L's favorites too. I'll think of you guys now when we read it.

Clare Griffiths said...

Wow, he gets three books! Don't let him tell poor J, who only gets one. He'll get jealous :D

Bobbie said...

They do grow up frighteningly quickly don't they??! You're so lucky that toby likes books - Zach just shuts them if we try to read them to him!!!