Sunday, October 14, 2007

Car Booty!

I lost my car boot sale virginity today and finally got some of our crap together to sell at a boot sale. Toby consideratly woke me at 4.45am to be ready - argh! we all fell to sleep again until 7.45 so it was a bit of a mad rush (woke up at 7.45, out of house by 7.55) - thank god I'd packed the car (to the rafters) the night before. The lovely Clare came with me and we drove down to Swanley.

The sale was MASSIVE and most people were set up by the time we arrived. I sold all sorts from baby stuff to a coffee maker that was a wedding present. Everything I thought would sell didn't and everything I thought wouldn't did. Including my insanely eclectic CD selection - from Celine Dion to Swing Music via Apache Indian. Hardly any books sold (even though they were recent and some recommended by Richard & Judy!). Didn't sell my footspa (I wasn't surprised). But I made £70 which isn't bad for a morning.

Will DEFINITELY do it again. I've left 90% of what we didn't sell in the car and will drop it off at the Charity Shop in the morning - we're trying to clear space at home. But will keep a few items (a couple of baby gyms in good condition) and sell again with Clare when she does her boot sale.

Knackered though. Got back from the sale at about 12.45, had 10 minutes to get in the house, wrap a present, burn a birthday CD and we were out again to a birthday party in Woodford. Got back at 6.30 so I was out of the house nearly 12 hours. I really missed Toby! Hardly saw him (apart from at 4.45grrrrr). Anwyay. It's 8.55 (what a lot of times and brackets are in this post) and I'm off to bed.

Nite nite

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey gorgeous,

Sorry I missed you the other day - but it sounds like you are even more busy than me!

Let's make sure we get together soon and catch up.

Well done for the car boot sale and congrats to Toby - you little star!

xxxx Pearl